Paraclete wah?

Kap'n

• Members

Oh, it's chrome. Unfortunately, I don't have a place to host the pics, but this is what it looks like:

paraclete_wavol_002.jpg

paraclete_wavol_003.jpg

It's missing the little cover next to the green LED, and the bottom. The nice folks at FOXX say the bottoms for their reissue Fuzz/Wah will fit, and they'll sell me one for a decent price. :thu:

Right now it's dead. I think it's either the TDK inductor, or the transistor. If I can't find a schematic, I'll need to trace it out myself.

Anybody know what it'll sound like when it works?

• Members

I had never either. From what I can tell, it was DOA at the music store I bought it from, and it sat around there for fourty years. There's a little sticker on there indicating it's condition. A couple of bad connections that I put back together. The LED lights now, and it passes signal, but uneffected. I retouched the solder joints, but no dice yet. I'm thinking it's the lone transistor or the inductor at this point, although I'll do a bit more detective work first. Who knows, maybe the FOXX folks can hook me up with a schematic. All I can find are the Fuzz/Wah versions.

What's also interesting is there seems to be two versions - one with a rotary switch that changes the voice, and one without. This one's without, but if you look at the board, it has space for the additional capacitors. Wierd.

• Members

looks like a Foxx enclosure..

It is. From what I've found digging around, Foxx did a bunch of private label stuff for Emmons and others, including these Paraclete Productions folks, whoever they were.

Archived