Sequenced Delay

• Members

I received a Boss DSD-3 in the mail today, and out of curiosity plugged the CV out of my Goatkeeper 3 into the DSD-3's Trigger In. It works, and {censored}, it sounds really good. So long as the Goatkeeper is on the square wave setting, and the depth is above 12, you get some great sequenced delays.

Gotta head to work, but i'll try make some {censored}ty demo of how it sounds.

15 minutes with this pedal and i'm having more fun (and finding useful sounds) than all the other delays i've owned.

• Members

The Goatkeeper is controlling the patterns of the delays repeats. The DSD-3 is meant to have a drum track or something similar plugged into the Trigger In, but the Goatkeepers square wave setting is doing the same thing, pretty much.

In other words, if the Goatkeeper and DSD-3 are both on, they are sync'd. If the Goatkeeper is off, the DSD-3 still follows its pattern.

Make sense?

• Members

The Goatkeeper is controlling the patterns of the delays repeats. The DSD-3 is meant to have a drum track or something similar plugged into the Trigger In, but the Goatkeepers square wave setting is doing the same thing, pretty much.

In other words, if the Goatkeeper and DSD-3 are both on, they are sync'd. If the Goatkeeper is off, the DSD-3 still follows its pattern.

Make sense?

ohhhhhhh, I dont know anything about the dsd-3. I didn't know, it had that type of input. sounds pretty dope. I want one now .

• Members

Only minor problem with this setup is i'm using the Goatkeeper's CV out for the DSD-3's trigger, which means i can't control the trem speed with an expression. I'm not sure if something could be made to accomodate both...? Single box with one input, two outputs. The Goatkeeper's trem range is soooooo long that it kinda makes the expression application difficult to use, but none-the-less.

Scored the DSD-3 for about $160. Sounds great! Not quite as sterile as other Boss delays (there is a slight high end roll off). So many cool sounds though. In the basic delay mode it'll forget what you played as soon as the pedal is turned off (which i like), and in rec/play mode it just becomes a momentary delay (that will remember what was last played when you disengage/engage the pedal).

The fact no one really cares about this pedal worked in my favour. I didn't want to pay vintage Boss prices. The pedal itself doesn't even look like it's been used, even after 15 years.

• Members

but the goatkeeper has a cv out and cv in, you just need one trs to to the dsd and the second to an expression pedal. also if you use an expression pedal with a minium knob, you can reduce the range of the trem speed on the goatkeeper. I use a fv500 and just set the min knob to cut all the riduliously slow rates the goatkeeper can go.

Archived