NPD - Basic Audio Scarab Deluxe - a different kind of Fuzz...

• Members

So, my Scarab Deluxe arrived yesterday. I haven't seen a lot about the Basic Audio products here on HC, but if the Scarab is any indication, they have something great going on.

I was looking for a Fuzz that would work great with a Les Paul - and the Scarab does the trick better than my 8 other fuzz pedals (which seem to prefer single coils).

It does classic fuzz and OD type sounds, cleans up well, and with the bias control can go gated/splatty if you want. There's some good demos on the YouTube if you want to check them out.

I also like the retro/modern styling of John's pedals:

scarab-deluxe.jpg

If you're looking for a fuzz that works well with HB guitars, I would put this on the short list.

• Members

I had one, quality pedal for sure. Had better bottom end than a lot of tonebenders. It reminded me more of a good overdrive though, than a fuzz pedal, but likely the way I had it set too.

• Members

Is there any wait time on these or do try ship right away? THAT pedal looks amazing! Just finished watching some clips and I shall have one.

Prymaxe or directly thru Basic Audio. John Lyons' builds are awesome. The Scarab Deluxe is one of the most versatile fuzzes out there. You can go from OD-to fuzz, and stacks well.

Archived