HEADS UP: CHEAP LOUD AWESOME SOUNDING TUBE HEAD - CHEAP CLEANS? SURE HERE YA GO

RoboPimp

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

5 watts is loud?

I'll say this as someone who normally gigs with a 75 watt boogie

this thing was tuned up just right, as you cranked the volume it didn't start clipping until way at the end, a lot of breathing room in there. And it didn't turn to fizz, it was just all cylinders wide open.

it was easily gigging volume, where it will "lack" is in that low end punch

it did have a lot of low end to it but once you crank this thing up to clipping the low end will get "soft"

solution: mic it up

• Members

I'll say this as someone who normally gigs with a 75 watt boogie

this thing was tuned up just right, as you cranked the volume it didn't start clipping until way at the end, a lot of breathing room in there. And it didn't turn to fizz, it was just all cylinders wide open.

it was easily gigging volume, where it will "lack" is in that low end punch

it did have a lot of low end to it but once you crank this thing up to clipping the low end will get "soft"

solution: mic it up

You do have a bit of this, to be sure. I think I am going to swap out my Eminence Legends for a lower power speaker in my cabs to see if I can gain just a little more low end, since I think it seems to work harder driving my 1X12 cabs with the 70 watt speakers than it did when I was driving the Kustom 4X12, which I think had 50 watt speakers. Part of that difference is clearly the difference between a 4X12 and a pair of 1X12 cabs, too, though. A 4X12 is almost always going to have more low end in that comparison.

Archived