Anyone using an iPhone to record band practices?

• Members

I was using 4track, which is great, but is really slow to use and bogs down your phone in terms of memory, then is also a bitch to get off your phone.

I mainly just use the standard old sound recorder. It sounds great really. Better than my laptops. It's perfect for remembering ideas and holds up well to loud rooms when placed right.

To be honest I woulnd't waste money of memory getting another program (unless your multitracking or on the fly editing) because sound recorder does a great job and more importantly its quick and easy to use, which is all you really want on this level of recording.

If you want to record something you plan to actually release, I wouldn't even think of using an iphone at all.

• Members

Iphone works great for recording practices, and if you want a slightly better sound out of it all, invest in a Blue Mikey. =)

blue-460-80.jpg

that looks cool, how much of a difference do you notice??

• Members

Oh shit, I actually have one of these I bought last year to use with an iPod touch. It worked pretty good actually, I'll have to try and find it.

I used 4track as well, but had a love/hate thing streaming tracks to the Mac.

Kind of was hoping there's something better quality available - mic and software. Anyone have experience with the iRig Mic?

This is just to capture ideas, not planning to put anything out. It would be nice to be able to edit tracks though, just to get rid of the drunken drivel.

Iphone works great for recording practices, and if you want a slightly better sound out of it all, invest in a Blue Mikey. =)

blue-460-80.jpg

• Members

Record in the normal voice memos app, then just email the recording to yourself. Or, even better, upload to dropbox via their app if you have it.

i'm sure its same, but i use the video recording, then upload straight to youtube, makes sharing with bandmates easier

Archived