SOT: At what point do you file a Paypal dispute?

• Members

My thoughts exactly. I opened a claim yesterday--no response yet. And that's no surprise since he's ignored my emails for the last few days as well.

Now I'm deciding how long to give him before I escalate it to a claim.
The way I see it, if he's got something legitimate going on (which I doubt), then he's got nothing the worry about with the claim--he just has to ship the item and then I'll close it out when everything is cool.

I'd wait 24 hours from when you opened the dispute, then if you still haven't heard anything, escalate to a claim.

• Members

You file a claim now, the death in a family excuse is over used, nobody should believe that stuff anymore, seriously...

Exactly! Death in the family is the first red flag. I've been selling on eBay for almost 10 years, and I get this excuse almost 4-5 times a year easily. They always respond with this when I file a Non-Paying Bidder alert after 7 days.

• Members

I'd wait 24 hours from when you opened the dispute, then if you still haven't heard anything, escalate to a claim.

Afterr you start a DISPUTE, Paypal will make you wait several days before allowing you to escalate to a CLAIM.

File the dispute ASAP. When you go back to escalate to a claim, Paypal will tell you how long you must wait.

• Members

Afterr you start a DISPUTE,
Paypal will make you wait several days before allowing you to escalate to a CLAIM.

File the dispute ASAP. When you go back to escalate to a claim, Paypal will tell you how long you must wait.

No.

You have to wait 7 days from when the transaction took place before you can open a dispute...

If you then want to escalate the dispute to a claim, that has to be done within 20 days of the dispute being opened - you can do it as soon as you want.

Archived