OBAMACARE, COMMUNISM, AND THE DOWNFALL OF WESTERN SOCIETY

Ryan.

• Members

Is that a nice way of saying school for stupid grown ups?

nah, its a University satellite campus for adults. I am the manager for the College of Adult and Professional studies, Dayton Education Center

or just manager is fine.

• Members

From what I understand (which isn't much because I'm Canadian) isn't the complaint that there isn't a constitutional right for the federal government to force the states to adopt such a health care program?

• Members

From what I understand (which isn't much because I'm Canadian) isn't the complaint that there isn't a constitutional right for the federal government to force the states to adopt such a health care program?

please do NOT allow the states to run their own programs....the oldest one around (the Oregon Health Plan aka OHP) is a nearly bankrupt cesspool that does not begin to address the real health needs of the un-insured. The number of non-funded procedures FAR outweigh the funded ones. Many poor-but-not-working adults recieve no coverage whatsoever. And the only dental coverage offered is basically kids under 18 (due to a federal mandate?), pregnant women (where they basically do nothing except cleanings) and completely disabled adults (MAJOR disabillity is emphasized here...not you minor stuff). It started out with broader coverage, but it has shrunk year after year...pathetic little thing that it is.

Plus, if states become the covering entities, then expect to see little migrations of poor, medically-needy folks from one state to the next. We definitely saw that in Oregon when we intially opened up OHP in the 90's.

There should be a universal level of care that is acceptable.

This should not change, state to state.

Period.

• Members

I saw an article in the Ottawa Citizen today that is totally propaganda saying 90% of Canadians want privatized health care. They are chipping away at it up here. There was a guy the other day I know who had his hip replaced. He had health insurance so he got the good hip. Without the insurance it would have been 20K out of pocket. The Canadian health care will give him a new hip, just not a good one.

There are always stories of people waiting so long they die or pay to go to the USA and get fixed up ASAP for a fee.

• Members

There is now :)

• Members

You dont have to have it, its a tax. A tax if you dont have it, according to roberts...

• Members

....wah...the US is dumping all the Dupey hip-kits onto the Canadian market?

How does the guy not get a "good" hip under the Canadian system?

....can I do a root canal with pine-tar and sea urchin spines in Vancouver?

I should have said better hip. He is a big heavy guy, so he really needed the better hip because of the hugeness of his gutage. He would have worn it out like the frets on a Jay Turser...

Archived