Timeline vs. Timefactor

lotlizard

• Members

I'm too lazy to do a search.

Want to kick my Flashback off my board (will still probably keep it around) and replace it with something that has midi capabilities and the ability to set a specific delay time.

Both of these have an analog dry path, so they should work in a parallel loop.

Has anyone owned both? Compared them side by side? I've looked at the spec sheets, but those, obviously, do not include shortcomings and limitations noticed by users.

• Members

I would also look at the new Vox Delaylab as well. $229. I have a Timeline. It sounds really nice. True analog path. The Timefactor apparently uses a digital conversion of your original sound. Some have not liked this, other say they don't care.

• Members

The Vox seems like a nice pedal, but it doesn't have midi and, from what I can tell, does not have an analog dry path. The analog dry path isn't a big deal, I guess, unless you are using a parallel loop. I've had some phasing issues with digital pedals in a parallel loop unless the pedals have an analog dry path.

• Members

Haven't played a Timeline, but I am really sensitive to my tone getting mucked up by bad pedal bypass sounds. But the Timefactor's bypass is great. I use it in DSP + FX mode too (so i'm not taking advantage of the true bypass capability) but it still sounds great. I don't notice it at all. And all the different delay options and sounds and modulations are wonderful. Very versatile and super super sound.

Archived