OT: The Melvins

• Members

yes. dawg, and you gots to see them live. this one guy in the band, King Buzzo, rocks this electrical guitar company guitar that flashes so pretty in the light, and the other guy, Dale, he play the drums like he aint in in his 40's. oh man, Dale is my favorite drummer of all time forever. the rest of the band is sometimes bad (joe) and sometimes the best part (trevor)

• Members

yes. dawg, and you gots to see them live. this one guy in the band, King Buzzo, rocks this electrical guitar company guitar that flashes so pretty in the light, and the other guy, Dale, he play the drums like he aint in in his 40's. oh man, Dale is my favorite drummer of all time forever. the rest of the band is sometimes bad (joe) and sometimes the best part (trevor)

Hey now, Joe Preston is the cat's pajamas.

• Members

Hey now, Joe Preston is the cat's pajamas.

he is a man who has gotten kicked out of some of my favorite bands. thats cat's pee-jamas. Earth, Melvins, High on Fire, all great bands that briefly let Joe play with them. and have you listened to thrones? its not very good.

but if you like joe, thats totally cool and we can agree to disagree. peace offering:

• Members

Thrones are awesome, I used to live in Olympia and he'd play almost every week in town, even playing at a house I used to live in a few times (dude was so loud he broke light bulbs). I don't think he was kicked out of Earth, and I know he quit High on Fire because he couldn't keep up with Kensel's and Pike's lifestyle. He's a really sweet, nice guy.

Peace offering accepted :wave:

• Members

I'm a huge Preston fan. I saw Thrones a few times last year and they were some of the best live sets I've seen. The second time was in a small warehouse and I was three feet from him and his rig. I nearly cried when he played Obolus, I was so happy.

Also, on the previous page with the new Melvins video; Love watching that kid rock Buzzo's EGC! Has anyone seen the Melvins Lite tour yet, or has it even started?

Archived