OK Guys, Here's Another "What Should I Add To My Board" Thread

• Members

Sorry to hear that. I always thought it was a good pedal. I guess I can see why it never really caught on, but I would have hoped more players would have grasped how cool envelope control can be.

Indeed.

toadworks_enveloope_003.jpg

Being able to turn any effect into an envelope controlled effect just has so much potential.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But correct me if I misunderstand, the envelope only affects the mix between wet and dry, right? It can't affect the sweep or lfo rate.

This bit of text from various sights that describe it.

ToadWorks Enveloope is the only Vactrol-based, envelope follower controlled, 9V powered effect loop in the world. No fancy expression pedals, no AC power requirements - just throw it on the floor and groove on the smooth amplitude-controlled transition from dry, to wet, to dry again. Go from Mr. Clean to gooey flange distortion nightmare with nothing more than a slightly increased attack.

So, it seems to be a voltage-controlled volume sweep.

But correct me if I misunderstand, the envelope only affects the mix between wet and dry, right? It can't affect the sweep or lfo rate.

Correct - the player's dynamics determine what you hear - mainly dry signal, a mix of dry and effected signal, or mainly effected signal. The harder you play, the more you hear the effect. Or, you can reverse / invert that if you prefer, so that the effect kicks in when you play softly, and the louder you play, the more dry / unprocessed signal you get.

In order for it to do what you're suggesting, the envelope control would have to be built into the flanger, and directly assigned to control / modulate the LFO.

Archived