PC3 Rack?

evildragon

• Members

I imagine they don't want to impact their PC3 sales. The PC3 is a gold mine for them. It's enough of a draw that people are buying the keyboard version, even if they don't need a new keyboard. If the comments I've seen on Sonik are anything to go by, if Kurzweil releases a PC3R, it will effectively replace, not supplement, the PC3 for many users. Why would Kurzweil want to release a product that will be less visible publicly (really, how many people know what rack unit an artist is playing), will make them less money, and will result in many used PC3's being dumped on the second-hand market. Perhaps at a later point in the product cycle it'll make sense for them to release one --after the PC3LE sales taper off-- but now?

• Members

I'd love a rack version. I wouldn't need neither the keyboard nor the sounds in a live performance, but a rack module with easy control of the sequencer would be awesome to have for home studio use.

Blimey. How would you obtain easy access to the VA controls?

• 6 months later...
  • Members

I'd be surprised if they did it anytime soon. The PC3 is a winner for them, and they have a so many flavors available, PC3X, PC3, PC3 61, and coming soon various LE versions. They'll have enough variations at enough price points once the LE comes out that a rack would really only be cannibalizing sales of their PC3 boards, for the most part. Later on in the product cycle, maybe, but I don't see it now.

• Members

The main attraction, to me, to the PC3 is it's controller functions. The awesome Kurz sounds are just icing on the cake.

If I already had a controller with the capabilities of the PC3, I'd like a rack.

I'm still gassing over the PC-3.

• Members

...and coming soon various LE versions. They'll have enough variations at enough price points once the LE comes out...

When is the LE coming out? It has been on the Bonners website for ages stating "Due this summer". Summer is pretty much over is it not and still no word? I emailed Bonners about it and they did not reply, which was not surprising given my past experience with them, but that's another point.

• Members

When is the LE coming out? It has been on the Bonners website for ages stating "Due this summer". Summer is pretty much over is it not and still no word? I emailed Bonners about it and they did not reply, which was not surprising given my past experience with them, but that's another point.

According to some of the latest info from Dave Weiser on the Sonikmatter forum, the PC3LE is scheduled to be released in september.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Did anybody here about PC3 rack release? Did they decide if they gonna have it or not?

We currently don't have any rack products - PC3 or PC3K.

We have not ruled them out, but there are no plans for now.

If this news changes, I will post here and on the other forums.

Sorry I don't have more news!

Dave Weiser

Kurzweil R&D

Archived