Quit smoking a month ago so I bought myself a present

bluehuricane

• Members

quitn' is easy. ive done it a thousand times:facepalm:

keep it up. see the big picture. dont get stuck in the hour to hour cig puffn rut of daily chapters. you know how the story happily will end. be strong. controll your toughts. peace.:cool:

as the sang goes. you dont need to know how to fight if you can run fast.
you can always take up skateboarding (etc,) as a new hobby. its the only thing i have to put me in the moment. which is where you need to put your conscience. not the past or future. music has never done that for me.:rolleyes:

• Members

maybe some drunken night i'll lose control but hopefully that's a long ways away and it'll just be the one night. as for now, i'm just too happy to be done that i can't imagine {censored}ing it up.

you shouldn't even let yourself start thinking that would be okay. i quit for six years and that's how i started back. a drunken night where i was bummed out and hanging with friends and just slipped up. a cigarette just seemed like the right thing and i thought "what's the harm? it's just once and i quit so long ago." and it was just that once, until a few months later when i thought, that last time worked out fine i didn't even crave them after that. then a little while after the second time i did it again and thought it was so cool that i had gotten to a place where i could just smoke every now and then. it probably took a good year and half or two years before i was regularly smoking again, but sure enough i was. i'm just four months in now on my second time quitting. i feel like the biggest idiot in the world. quitting sucks so bad and i made it six years. what kind of fool puts themself in the position to have to go through that again after that long?

• Members

I've been on and on with smokes for 12 years, and seeing that photo of a smoky amp in a smoky pack makes me wanna go out and burn one.

Congrats, keep a close tally of the money you save and develop a punishment deduction from said total every time you screw up - then give the proceeds to Fender in exchange for goods on a regular basis.

• Members

you shouldn't even let yourself start thinking that would be okay. i quit for six years and that's how i started back. a drunken night where i was bummed out and hanging with friends and just slipped up. a cigarette just seemed like the right thing and i thought "what's the harm? it's just once and i quit so long ago." and it was just that once, until a few months later when i thought, that last time worked out fine i didn't even crave them after that. then a little while after the second time i did it again and thought it was so cool that i had gotten to a place where i could just smoke every now and then. it probably took a good year and half or two years before i was regularly smoking again, but sure enough i was. i'm just four months in now on my second time quitting. i feel like the biggest idiot in the world. quitting sucks so bad and i made it six years. what kind of fool puts themself in the position to have to go through that again after that long?

Yes, important words of wisdom. I've quit for long stretches of time before, only to me foiled by myself.

• Members

I just passed 10 years off the butts, filthy expensive and general robber of life those {censored}in' things. Smoked up to 2 packs a day for about 20 years, an expensive thing to do in NY. I never jones for one anymore, took about 6 months before I stopped craving them, especially in the morning with coffee. Congrats keep it up!

Archived