Quit smoking a month ago so I bought myself a present

bluehuricane

• Members

Nice. I too bought myself gifts as I went along...everyday, I put smoke money into a separate jar for the first 6 months and used the money for frivolous items that I would not otherwise be able to afford.

Weirdest thing about quitting for me was I kept smoking in my dreams for about 12 months after I quit.

• Members

Weirdest thing about quitting for me was I kept smoking in my dreams for about 12 months after I quit.

This. Yesterday marked 3 months for me. But yeah, I have frequent, detailed dreams where I decide to smoke one more cigarette, and I do, and then I'm disppointed in myself, but then I wake up and am happy I didn't fall off the wagon after all.

Good for you. Keep rewarding yourself for quitting. Rewards help to stay quit. Small frequent rewards, and some bigger ones for longer term (i.e., 6 months, a year).

Yup - it definitely helps. It's been over three years for me now, and it's one of the best things I've ever done. Keep it up! :phil:

• Members

this isn't the first time i've tried to quit. for some reason it's just been too easy. i don't have dreams, i don't want to smoke, i can't stand the smell anymore. i'm pretty sure i'm done with that {censored}. maybe some drunken night i'll lose control but hopefully that's a long ways away and it'll just be the one night. as for now, i'm just too happy to be done that i can't imagine {censored}ing it up.

• Members

Congrats dude, stick with it. Been over 5 years for me now... before I quit I was over 3 packs a day, and had smoked for 30 years. I breathe better, have better stamina and best of all, my voice is GREATLY improved. Meaning, I can actually almost do vocals now LOL. Reward yourself often!

Archived