Seeing Torche on Sunday.

Loobs

• Members

I saw them do a joint header with Baroness about 6/7 years ago, or whenever it was they were touring their self titled LP. Amazing band live, totally made a mockery of Baroness. I haven't been into anything they've done since the self titled though. They played here last night and our drummer went down, but I chose not to bother because I assumed they'll play mostly new stuff.

• Members

I saw them do a joint header with Baroness about 6/7 years ago, or whenever it was they were touring their self titled LP. Amazing band live, totally made a mockery of Baroness. I haven't been into anything they've done since the self titled though. They played here last night and our drummer went down, but I chose not to bother because I assumed they'll play mostly new stuff.

Really? I'm on the fence with Baroness. Some good stuff, a lot of dull dross, especially the new album which is pretty mediocre. Seem to have got quite big though. So they're not good live?

• Members

They weren't bad, but I think they were alternating who played last on every night of the tour and at the Manchester show Baroness closed. Baroness just cannot follow a band like Torche, I was actually a little embarrassed for them. It was a really little venue with no stage and the amps weren't mic'd up, so Torche came on with their dual JCM800 full stacks, great hooks, energy, amazing tone and sheer volume, and they just slayed. Then Baroness came on and just seemed so tame and dull in comparison.

• Members

The new album is mostly a stinker, right? I don't so much like Harmonicraft. Meanderthal is one of my favourite albums though and my buddy I'm going with is a big Torche fan in general so it's gonna be a brodown.

Not IMO. It seems like a logical artistic progression to me. If your only exposure to Torche is Meanderthal and then you jump to Harmonicraft it will probably be a bit of a shock.

• Members

Not IMO. It seems like a logical artistic progression to me. If your only exposure to Torche is Meanderthal and then you jump to Harmonicraft it will probably be a bit of a shock.

How do you mean? Harmonicraft is the album which followed Meanderthal though.

Archived