What magazines do you get?

Ryan.

• Members

Once in a while I order something from GuitarCenter.com and then after they are like, t"ell us how we did in this short survey." And I always do the surveys and at the end they are like, "thank you for doing that, here is a 'free' gift."

And the 'free' gift is 4 magazine subs for $8. I've done this twice now. A year's worth of subs for $8 isn't bad, and then at the end of the year I just cancel the sub and they are like, "please enjoy the extra 4 mags we're gonna send for free because our processing sucks."

So I have to pick out magazines.

This time I picked out Sunset, also I got Lucky and Elle for my girlfriend. And then I also got Maxim this time.

Maxim {censored}ing sucks. Nothing but photoshopped girls in their underwear and crappy top ten lists or whatever. "Top ten hottest girls on TV." "Top ten horror films you've never seen."

Sunset is cool cause it has good recipes to try.

Last time I got that one "rollingstone." that magazine sucks too. Nothing but sucking obama dick while telling me why green day is back and better than ever. I basically got rollingstone in the mail and threw it away as soon as I got back from the mailbox.

TL;DR: What magazines do you get and are they good?

EDIT: What I mean to say is you get FOUR magazine subscriptions for $8. In case that wasn't clear. :idk:

• Members

My monthly subscriptions.

Bon Appetit x2
(one for me and one for the Boo or I never ever get a chance to read it)

Edible Brooklyn

Draft Magazine

La Cucina Italiana

Atomic Ranch

Dwell

High Fructose

Do you dig Bon Appetit? Is it recipes or like just cool places to eat or what? This was one of the options available.

• Members

Do you dig Bon Appetit? Is it recipes or like just cool places to eat or what? This was one of the options available.

Great recipes. I find a lot of their stuff to be "accessible" and translatable to the somewhat experienced home cook unlike say Food and Wine and Gourmet. Their travel writing is pretty good as well. I do a LOT of traveling and good food is usually one of the highest priorities.

We cook a lot in our house.

• Members

yeah, i cant stand using public restrooms because of the lack of reading materials. ive always got a musiciansfriend catalog and/ or a premier guitar mag in there at home. in public i just sit there, quietly staring at the floor, tearing a hole in the universe w/ my b-hole.

its sad, really.

i cant be the only one because a few months ago one of the visiting auditors would always leave his newspaper on the floor of whatever stall he had his morning blowout in. as some foul, germ ridden gesture of kindness.

Archived