Boss Delays - how the F do they work?

ItchyFingers

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you are after a compact Boss delay the DD-7 is the biz. The only thing that goes against it is the slightly processed sound. A PS-6 is a worthwhile wildcard addition if only for the detune/s-bend/pitch shifter. The harmonizer only really works with some drive / distortion behind it (no delay in sight either).

• Members

Lotsa good info, I'm glad I made this thread so I can always refer back to it. Unfortunately, all you guys did was give me gas for more sweet Boss pedals! Just won this on ebay for about $150 shipped.

DM3.jpg

Along those lines - I feel like there are guys selling the Japanese Boss pedals for obscene prices that no one in their right mind would/should pay. If you look at the "Buy-it-now" prices of the DM-3, they're all $225 and above. But just patiently waiting and bidding on a private seller auction will get you the same pedal at a much better price.

So now the chain has broadened to TU-2 > BD-2 > SD-1 > CE-5 > DM-3 > PN-2 > RC-20. I've got bids in on a CE-2 and a DD-7. Definitely going to have a DD-20 v DD-7 shootout at some point, also thinking about the PH-1r. Damn you guys... :D

Archived