Does anyone run fx straight to PA as well as using an amp?

Lanefair

• Members

I've had some joy running an acoustic simulator direct to PA, but it got me thinking, every time I want an organ/hammond sound, wouldn't it sound better and less like a guitar through a full range speaker? Same goes for synth effects. Aren't these better off through the PA?

• Members

I've had some joy running an acoustic simulator direct to PA, but it got me thinking, every time I want an organ/hammond sound, wouldn't it sound better and less like a guitar through a full range speaker? Same goes for synth effects. Aren't these better off through the PA?

It depends on what you want. Sometimes it sounds better, sometimes it doesn't. For example, When I used shimmer reverb sounds live I preferred putting them through my guitar amp because it was a bit more gnarly and dirty sounding rather than this prissy nice thing that floated over everything. Also, Things like hammond organs usually went through a valve power amp and had a bit of dirt to them so removing your amp from the equation might end up being counter to your thinking.

• Members

most of the leslie sims these days have built in "grit"

maybe I'm confused (it IS o'dark'thirty afterall)

I thought the OP was talking about putting a hammond thru a PA? ...is he using a sim?

I dunno....where's the coffee dammit?

• Members
I'm basically wondering if, every time you have an effect that sounds different to a regular electric guitar, should you put it through a full range speaker?

Why don't you just look in your copy of "Hard and Fast Rules all Guitarists Must Live By"? :confused:

I lost mine, it's really hard for me because I need to make up my own mind about these things on a case by case basis. Feelsbadman. :cry:

• Members
Why don't you just look in your copy of "Hard and Fast Rules all Guitarists Must Live By"?
:confused:

I lost mine, it's really hard for me because I need to make up my own mind about these things on a case by case basis. Feelsbadman.
:cry:

My mistake, I thought this was a forum.

Archived