Bass Boards, what are you or your bass player using??

mr benn

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by crabfunk

View Post

Minimalist approach for me: bass, tuner, Sansamp Bass Driver for some SVT-ish grind on occasion.

I'm curious about this Bass Driver - I know you can run it direct to a PA, but can you run it straight to a cabinet, or do you need an amp in between them?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ItchyFingers

View Post

I'm curious about this Bass Driver - I know you can run it direct to a PA, but can you run it straight to a cabinet, or do you need an amp in between them?

Its just a preamp so you still need and amp or power amp at the very least. I have used mine to drive a power amp with decent results.

• Members

I usually run it in front of the amp head, while it's a little noisy that way, it seems that the controls are little more responsive than when running it into the Preamp In. I haven't done much tweaking with it; it sounds great right away when I plug my Warwick with Dimarzio Ultra Jazz pickups into it.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mr benn

View Post

I have ethical issues with behringer, sorry if that seems a bit irrational!

No not at all. Was just throwing it out there. It compares very well to the Sansamp.

You can also find the MXR Bass DI for pretty cheap used and I like its EQ better than the Sansamp, but its distortion circuit is pretty bad.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

So here's my "idiot didnt get done on time for BOTB" bass board

8262895064_6ab3f07af1_b.jpg

Loving the White Finger Compressor, and the Commander might just be the most useful pedal I've bought- its not flashy or attractive but it's fantastic!

I wouldn't mind squeezing a tiny flanger or chorus on there though (any suggestions??), and possibly a tc polytune mini tuner if it fits

The VT bass is getting Montana canned Purple, after I mod it for a speaker sim kill switch

I got it cheap because all the graphics were messed up,they'd been lifted off by duct tape-I think it'll look good with orange knobs thumb.gif

Vinyl wrapping the two end pieces is gonna be a bitch to do though frown.gif

Archived