any of you guys play shows in the philly area?

orangesix

• Members

I'm sort of new to the area. I really miss playing live shows, but the problem is that I don't know anyone in bands or involved with booking. I realize a lot of getting shows is about knowing people, I just don't know where to start. Basically just looking to see if any of you guys could point me in the direction of cool spots to play or cool bands to possibly play with.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by orangesix

View Post

I'm sort of new to the area. I really miss playing live shows, but the problem is that I don't know anyone in bands or involved with booking. I realize a lot of getting shows is about knowing people, I just don't know where to start. Basically just looking to see if any of you guys could point me in the direction of cool spots to play or cool bands to possibly play with.

Links to your band?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by six acre lake

View Post

Links to your band?

thats part of the problem is that we haven't recorded any proper albums. we built a following in texas based off of our live shows, but we haven't done much in terms of proper recordings. we're working on it.

we still have a page from the myspace days: http://www.myspace.com/hammertimeallthetime

i had forgot about it.

• Members

View Post

yeah man I'm in the same situation kinda. Almost done recording tracks, nothing proper to show at the moment...but wanting to play some places. I'm in south jersey, we should join forces.

• Members

If you want to play shows you are gonna need something to show for yourselves... A bandcamp page... an EP / LP... Something. There arent as many venues to play in PHL as there used to be and R5 has the good ones on lock down. I could probably help you both out in some way but how are you gonna get bodies to the venue?

Come out to the Six Acre Lake show at Johnny Brenda's on Nov 24th. Introduce yourselves. Lets snuggle.

• Members

View Post

If you want to play shows you are gonna need something to show for yourselves... A bandcamp page... an EP / LP... Something. There arent as many venues to play in PHL as there used to be and R5 has the good ones on lock down. I could probably help you both out in some way but how are you gonna get bodies to the venue?

Come out to the Six Acre Lake show at Johnny Brenda's on Nov 24th. Introduce yourselves. Lets snuggle.

You're right. It's sort of difficult, I had spent almost a decade playing locally and knew everyone involved in the scene. We built up a following through live shows, so we never really bothered to record cause we just preferred to play out and we started getting a ton of people out to shows. Now, i'm in a situation where I'm not involved in the scene and just want to play a few shows.

I'm more looking for grimey house shows, maybe art shows, stuff of that nature. I should probably just focus on recording for a while.

• Members

View Post

well i any of you guys need an opening band somewhere within a 150 mile radius, let me know.

Yo check out a place called Mojo 13. A few years back I was in another band looking to play out and they were quick to stick us on a Wednesday night kinda thing. Sound was dependent on who was working that night, but there was a few bodies in there for a no name band on a Wednesday. I'm currently doing a rough mix of a track and plan on contacting them when thats done.

I cant remember what recordings I gave them before with the other band but it was probably just a rough practice recording.

• Members

i hope u get gigs, but its nearly impossible.

and if u want to make money, thats even harder.

maybe if u can walk into an established band, but if not...idn_smilie.gif

im from philly, and it has gotten harder and harder over the past 20 yrs...

seemsike i played everywhere, once...lol...and Dobbs more...but thats even gone now

now im sure there will be others that say they gig everywhere all the time for big bucks,

but....i has not been my experience

good luck bro.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by b_nehpets

View Post

I have forces in sj too. And I work in pa, near n Delaware.

Lets integrate dude, I'm currently in a 3 piece band, we got a 20 min set thats a 3 part continuous piece of music. I'm looking to play anywhere that will entertain that type of band. Kinda progressive riff rock with punk and blues mixed in. Calling ourselves Circadian Frequency at the moment. Links with music to follow.

Just an empty soundcloud with some artwork..haha

http://soundcloud.com/circadian-frequency

• Members

View Post

yeah you know my story, I'll have a bandcamp up and running soon. Just networking right now. No point in waiting for links just to talk to people. I can fill 20 minutes and I can bring a handful of people at the moment. Not expecting to jump into anything big. Just looking to do my time any points in the right direction is appreciated. I'm no stranger to starting from scratch with no name.

Seems like its all I ever do really. Get something going, get some dates, band dissolves, start again. Been doing it for 12 years now.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by frankthomson

View Post

i hope u get gigs, but its nearly impossible.

and if u want to make money, thats even harder.

maybe if u can walk into an established band, but if not...idn_smilie.gif

im from philly, and it has gotten harder and harder over the past 20 yrs...

seemsike i played everywhere, once...lol...and Dobbs more...but thats even gone now

now im sure there will be others that say they gig everywhere all the time for big bucks,

but....i has not been my experience

good luck bro.

Dobbs is back. And my friend has something to do with their bookings.

• Members

yeah you know my story, I'll have a bandcamp up and running soon. Just networking right now. No point in waiting for links just to talk to people. I can fill 20 minutes and I can bring a handful of people at the moment. Not expecting to jump into anything big. Just looking to do my time any points in the right direction is appreciated. I'm no stranger to starting from scratch with no name.

Seems like its all I ever do really. Get something going, get some dates, band dissolves, start again. Been doing it for 12 years now.

I liked what you sent me and I'm sure we could do a show together at some point.

• Members

I liked what you sent me and I'm sure we could do a show together at some point.

{censored} yeah dude thats good to hear! I was nervous about first impressions based on those practice recordings. Keep me in mind and I'll do the same.

I'm looking forward to that Johnny Brenda's show. Ive never seen Mercury Radio Theater Live before.

Archived