Boss hr2 alternative

roughGo

• Members

I'm looking for a octave/ harmony pedal to replace my hr2 . I use it towards the end of my chain post delay for ambient octaves and glicthy harmonies. I have given up said pedal but am already missing it and need an alternative. I would like something a little bit warmer but am not too concerned about tracking. Looking for a small footprint and relatively cheap. Under 150. Considering the boss ps5 but don't know enough about it.

So what we thinking here?

• Members

I had the Boss PS-5 and really liked it, with an expression pedal it makes a great alternative to the Whammy for +1/+2 octaves and the -1 octave has less of a volume drop compared to a Whammy. The tremolo arm/flutter modes are great fun too for dive bombing or just making crazy noises and the detune mode makes for a nice chorus if you don't already have one. Never really used the harmony mode though idn_smilie.gif

I've read that the Boss PS-6 is pretty much the Boss PS-5 but with more features and better sounds though so I would look at that instead. Apparently they fixed the bypass issue that plagued the PS-5 when used on the trem arm/flutter modes, I don't usually buy into the whole Boss bad bypass thing but the PS-5 definitely added a nasty metallic undertone to the bypass signal.

That said if your planning on using an expression pedal with it then maybe look at the new Whammy 5 aswell?

Archived