Pushing a Pedal Too Far? What Went Wrong for Me?

Wulver

• Members

So I did some experimenting with my board yesterday, deciding to see what happened if I boosted the front of some of my overdrives.

I ran my Colorsound Overdriver clone (set for as loud of a clean boost as I could get) into my Boss OD-1, sometimes feeding both into a relatively clean tweed-ish setting on my Tech 21 Blonde, in the hopes of getting some super-dirty Neil Young-esque tones. It ended up getting me some pretty awesome sounds in that vein. Until it cut out on me, anyway.

The three dirt pedals all lost power, and my Boss PS-3 turned on in the same way it does when you plug the pedalboard into the 1-Spot power supply. This leads me to think that too much voltage or amperage was drawn and everything (somehow) reset.

So, in exacting detail, how did I {censored} this up? Additionally, how can I go about getting some of those tones in a more "safe" manner in the future?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Wulver

View Post

So I did some experimenting with my board yesterday, deciding to see what happened if I boosted the front of some of my overdrives.

I ran my Colorsound Overdriver clone (set for as loud of a clean boost as I could get) into my Boss OD-1, sometimes feeding both into a relatively clean tweed-ish setting on my Tech 21 Blonde, in the hopes of getting some super-dirty Neil Young-esque tones. It ended up getting me some pretty awesome sounds in that vein. Until it cut out on me, anyway.

The three dirt pedals all lost power, and my Boss PS-3 turned on in the same way it does when you plug the pedalboard into the 1-Spot power supply. This leads me to think that too much voltage or amperage was drawn and everything (somehow) reset.

So, in exacting detail, how did I {censored} this up? Additionally, how can I go about getting some of those tones in a more "safe" manner in the future?

Wouldn't the PS-3 be a huge current hog in this situation? Might need to get a beefier PS. What else is being powered?

• Members

is it all on a one-spot? maybe a free barrel plug end touched something. thats happened to me many a time with loose daisy chain things. it all kind of pops and resets, a brown out of sorts. nothing to worry about in my experience.

but that shouldnt be happening just from running 3 boosts/od's together...

Archived