Israel by Siouxsie and the Banshees guitar tone help

Cotoletta

• Members

Hello, I hope I'm not in the wrong section!
So with a couple of friends we're starting a cover band, but I'm not very confident with effects and can't figure out the settings for the song Israel. Looks like there is a vibrato or an heavy chorus?

I'm using a Zoom G3 and a Les Paul.. Attached a sound sample recorded directly out my G3 just using some heavy chorus and hall reverb. I don't like it, looks like the chorus is ok in the first part but way too strong when i pick the open B string..

PS: Sorry for my english.

[ATTACH]350704[/ATTACH]

• Members

from hcfx's archives:

McGeoch rig:
Marshall 50 fully cranked for distortion.
Mix of Marshall 50 (and later stack) and Roland Jazz chrous for clean sound. Yamaha analog delay.
Yamaha SG 1000 humbucking (Israel) and split coil (spellbound)
MXR Flanger (custom rigged to a mike stand so he didnt have to grovel on the ground) MXR Dynacomp.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Cotoletta View Post
Hello, I hope I'm not in the wrong section!
So with a couple of friends we're starting a cover band, but I'm not very confident with effects and can't figure out the settings for the song Israel. Looks like there is a vibrato or an heavy chorus?

I'm using a Zoom G3 and a Les Paul.. Attached a sound sample recorded directly out my G3 just using some heavy chorus and hall reverb. I don't like it, looks like the chorus is ok in the first part but way too strong when i pick the open B string..

PS: Sorry for my english.

[ATTACH]350704[/ATTACH]
One: Renula's post is golden; the "vibrato or... heavy chorus" would be the flanger.
Two: Your English is fine. smile.gif Don't apologize.
Welcome to HCFX.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Cotoletta View Post
Thanks for the replies!
Okay, let's try the flanger thing. Never used one.. any suggestions about the settings?
More of the manual (wet) signal. turn up the width (depth), no Regen (feedback) I would think the speed would be higher.

John McGeoch was one of my favorite guitarists in the late 70s -early 80s. His playing is superb on Magazine's Second Hand Daylight LP. A classic.

• Members

Hello, thanks for all the suggestions guys.
Looks like in my G3 I have the exact simulation of John's MXR flanger, but the controls I think are a little different.. I have: Depth, Rate, Resonance, Predelay, Mix and Level.

@GREC: I'm trying these settings, thanks!

Archived