New Hag Day (I got F-Holed)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by ben_allison View Post
$780 new?

That must be a typo. What's the catch?
Manufactured in China (but assembled in Sweden I believe). idn_smilie.gif I've been stalking that tobacco burst on PGS but it's been "out of stock" forever. Found this one for almost $200 less.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor. View Post
Yes.
Totally. I could give two shits where the thing is made, honestly, so long as it's got a good price/quality ratio and plays well. This one plays and sounds great so far. And the quality/dressing is way above the few Gibsons in the same price range that I've played (can't get much of a Gibson for $600-$800).

My only gripes to this point are nit-picky aesthetics...new tuning pegs and now I want to throw some tophat knobs on it thanks to Taylor. smile.gif

Taking it to jam through my "big" amp this weekend to see how the pickups really perform.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Let It Burn...

View Post

Congrats on the Hag, that's a pretty sweet guitar! Joris, other guitar player in TMAG, has the sunburst one and it's his main axe right now. Kicks ass!

Well that's quite the endorsement with all the sweet gear you guys have. Did he use it on the new record? That shit is Totally_jammin_out.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Manback1

View Post

Well that's quite the endorsement with all the sweet gear you guys have. Did he use it on the new record? That shit is Totally_jammin_out.gif

nah, he bought it afterwards and used his Ibanez Musician on all the recordings (demo + LP). Next year's record will be all semi-hollow love.gif

• Members

I got my Super Swede for $400 (whisper.gifoff GC Used), but the Deuce and Deuce F only just came out a few months ago, so I'd be surprised to find one THAT cheap. Got the case for about $80ish (I think) during some random Musician's Friend sale-of-the-week.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by ben_allison View Post
$780 new?

That must be a typo. What's the catch?
Made in China, but I believe they do a quality check in Sweden? Anyway, the quality you get for the price is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Let It Burn... View Post
Looks like we got f-holed on the same day icon_lol.gif.

Congrats on the Hag, that's a pretty sweet guitar! Joris, other guitar player in TMAG, has the sunburst one and it's his main axe right now. Kicks ass!
Yes, indeed, I came in here to show mine (you show your f-hole, I show mine phileek.gif )
11052012225.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Manback1 View Post
No, I got it like two weeks after guitar recordings were finished facepalm.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Let It Burn... View Post
nah, he bought it afterwards and used his Ibanez Musician on all the recordings (demo + LP). Next year's record will be all semi-hollow love.gif
We'll see.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Minning Around

View Post

IMO, what's really bad about all these guitars is the lack of rounded body under the forearm - who needs an edge digging into your meat (I can't believe I just said that).

It's the same as a Gibson Les Paul. Most people are used to it, but I agree, more contours the better.

• Members

View Post

IMO, what's really bad about all these guitars is the lack of rounded body under the forearm - who needs an edge digging into your meat (I can't believe I just said that).

This is true, and rather annoying. The edge diggs into your f-hole meat. Does wonders for tone icon_lol.gif

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Manback1 View Post
Joris that burst is super classy love.gif How do you like the pickups?
Thanks, and congrats with your ngd.

IMO they're very balanced, both in tone and output. I guess I like them, although I have to say it's difficult for me to compare them to other "normal" humbuckers (my SG Special has a 490T in the bridge, which puts out a huge amount of mids, and my old Ibanez Musician has Ibanez Super 88's in them, which have a very distinct, and somehow sterile sound...). So for me, I guess these are the best humbuckers I've owned tongue.gif

• Members

View Post

I think they look perfect; being an LP player, I'm willing to give up comfort for looks.

Archived