NAD: Fusco Amplifiers Custom Reverb Amp

V

• Members

Very exciting New Amp Day. So exciting, in fact, I played the thing all evening and forgot to take a decent picture :( However, I made a clip using a song I'm working on for a new album as the basis:

https://soundcloud.com/cjmventer/cjmventer-caverns-demo

Anyway, details on the amp:

Fender Blackface-looking head made by Cono Fusco of Queens NY. Great guy who learned his electronics through the US Military. 

2 Channels

Both Channels in phase and both share the reverb

Channel 2: Based on Blackface Twin Reverb

Channel 1: Not sure what this is but it's voiced a bit differently. Cono's own concoction.

Reverb: Tube Driven/Transformer-Coupled type reverb using a long Accutronics Six Spring Tank. Reverb has Mix and Dwell Controls. Sounds super huge and etherial.

Power Section: 2 x 6L6 with option of running triode or pentode mode and also with the option of running solid state or tube rectifier.

Controls:

Channel 1: Volume, Treble, Bass, Middle, Boost (Tone stack bypass switch which can be controlled via footswitch), Bright Switch

Channel 2: Volume, Treble, Bass, Middle, Bright Switch

Both: Reverb Mix, Reverb Dwell, Presence, Reverb Bypass Footswitch

Power: SS/Tube Rectifier Switch, Triode/Pentode Switch

Output: Normal, Extention Speaker, 4,8,16 Ohms Selectabe.

Other stuff:

Mercury Magnetics Transformers

Super beefy 1 watt resistors used throughout

Mallory capacitors

Mix of NOS and Current Production Tubes

Oh, also the guitar used is the Maple Caster I posted about earlier. Remember the concern about it being too bright? Yeah...that didn't happen at all. More bass heavy than anything, to be honest.

Archived