OT: Has anyone heard of this Brian Rabey guy? What a dick!

plaid_emu

• Members

I honestly don't know all the details about seller protection and foreign borders. Mostly, I only ship in the US to avoid the excessive shipping costs and the massive flood of unintelligible questions and Nigerian emails I get wanting to pay me $4,000 more than the item is worth so I can transfer the extra funds to some bank account.

The only negative feedback I have as a seller on ebay comes from a buyer after I

a) refused to ship some computer parts and accessories to Romania, and

b) wouldn't take Paypal (this was a while ago).

Of course, the auction stated that I would only

a) ship to US addresses, and

b) didn't take Paypal

:facepalm:

I won't ship things like computer parts internationally because I would hate to fall afoul of State Dept. restrictions on technology transfer without realizing it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ughh, you whiny cunts and your Nigerian scam paranoia. :rolleyes:

for the record though, i had dinner with Richie Hawtin *and* let him borrow my SH-101 for a gig. and did i mention the time i partied with Alec Empire and the rest of the DHR crew?

• Members

The message was rude and I do agree with that 100%.

In the other hand I live in Canada and I do buy and sell off Ebay regularly,

when I do sell I will sell to both US & Canada.

but to be honest Its pretty annoying when people will only offer an item in the US yes its their right but on the other hand as a seller you might think about the advantages,

here in Canada its not as easy to get specific items like in the US so most Canadian buyers will be ready with no hesitation to buy from you and most of the time you will get a higher bid.

If you do sell and are afraid off getting back "customs fees" then ship it via USPS, all Canadian buyers will ask you to do so anyways, (just send it insured and tracked).

If I do run into an item I want off Ebay I will send a nice email to the seller asking if he can ship insured and tracked via USPS and if yes well Ill buy it.

As we speak the economy is doing well here in Canada so it could be another advantage.

My 2 cents.

Cheers,

OFM.

• Members

Love all the responses.

You cant find a Tascam Portastudio anywhere used in Canada? Call Moog Music for god sake!

While I see the benefit of offering items to a wider market, I dont think Plaid Emu is going to have a problem selling his portastudio on ebay so long its priced at fair market value per condition. Electronics particularly music equipment sell.

Its not like he will be stuck with it forever having to secretly concede to sell it to the rude and abusive writer of 2 Ian Anderson books who long after the sale, continues to send wrathful emails to Plaid Emu haunting and taunting him with no rest. "You stupid silly man! How dare you come sniveling back to me to buy your purtastudio. Luck for you I buy it, Yes! You stupid, stupid man! Blahhhhh!"

Plaid you should have sent it with Obama yesterday to drop it off while he was up there. Would saved on delivery.

(I wish you guys could hear my hysterical laughter. I have tears in my eyes! My head is ready to explode...Thanks Plaid you made my day.)

Ok I think I've regained sanity at least temporarily.

One of the problems with selling stuff internationally is it takes forever to ship, which means you have to wait to get your funds released, there tends to be higher risk of fowl play and things mysteriously not finding their way to its destination.

With that in mind, I'll personally consider opening up my listing to our fellow Canadian friends.

• Members

Jan Hammer blew up my leslie.

Jan Hammer ruined my Theremin, btw. Not nice. I had just showed him how to use the pitch bend on the synthesizers, and then he goes and kills my Theremin by trying to make it sound like a guitar, which is not what it's meant to do at all. That totally ruined our relationship. I was going to feature the 'min in a major way on the upcoming Elvis Presley album, which I was working on at the time. Now you know what that record never saw the light of day.

I guess we can blame Jan Hammer for a lot of the darker chapters of Music History.

• Members
Message #2:
The Canadian again. No hard feelings, I' sure you will sell no problem. My point was If we ere doing a deal online in general, it would pass, but since we're not, I can't and my credit card will pass in a matter of minutes. But, I will be looking for the next 6 months as in the last 6 onths because, 90% of the population just won't do it. No mre, no less, no harm.

Message #3:
My remark was not personal, which is the WHOLE point. It all becomes personal. I used to trade on ebay between 1994 and 1999 and every single transaction went like clock work. Then the crooks got in. From both side of the border and from other continents and ruined it for all of the honest traders. It has nothing to do with country, it has to do with what's within the seller's soul and having been ripped off by 2 Australians, 4 Americans and 2 Canadians my point is actually, literally, boundaries are not going to protect you because PayPal is ineffectual wherever you are. So I don't think I called you an asshole, I think I was more generic, but if you feel the need, go ahead I don't know you personally, so maintain a generic stance, he who will trade a mile a way or 200 miles away is in the same kettle of fish and why pass judgement due to citicenship - that was more my point, but if I offended you on the front of your citizenship I apologize. 90% sellers won't sell - I am Canadian.

• Members

Apparently some people's idea of fun is to throw private e-mail conversations in internet forums?
:rolleyes:

Oh PUHLLEEZE! This is about a Tascam Portastudio and some Jethro Tull books. It's not like I was giving out details of a nasty divorce or his house going into foreclosure.

• Members

Originally Posted by ChristianRock

Apparently some people's idea of fun is to throw private e-mail conversations in internet forums?

Works for me! I'm tickled pink over this guys outrageous and preposterous perspective with regard to Plaids selling terms. I just had weeks of a long recording sessions so I need to give my ears a rest anyway. This post seems perfect for some silly banter.

Archived