What Strat would you get?

Phil O'Keefe

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Finished necks feel better on older guys hands imo,

When i play a Strat now im missing the carved top and how it helps me play, very comfortable to play the prsii are instruments , strats CAN be knuckle dragger cave man axes

• Members

alien wrote:

When i play a Strat now im missing the carved top and how it helps me play, very comfortable to play the prsii are instruments , strats CAN be knuckle dragger cave man axes

yeah, i've always 0000d' all finished neck intruments theough the years, mostly the gibbys' as wel a a couple prs' 22 & 24, well i enjoy my shadows on the wall so the caveman thing do work for me, not that i don't take an occasional neophyte up the mount now and again as to, look what you could do too...

• Members

alien wrote:

and do you work w/ concrete / in the biz, as i did for a few years and yeah the hands / palm get a bit dry / slick...

• Members

i would walk in to a shop and try every strat available in that price range that is closest to the spec that i want/think i want.

would never buy one without trying first...

when you say strat...you mean S/S/S yeah?

pickups are easy to change and the choices are just limitless...so id be more about finding a neck and body that feels right.

looked at anything other than fender?

G&L etc?

also just curious phil... who are your favourite strat players/ or strat songs/tones/playing styles etc?

Archived