Seas, Starry: instrumental, ambient guitar stuff

Jan Deal

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 8 months later...
  • Members

A friend of the band came up with some visuals to go along with our song "Easy Taiga", pretty {censored}ing cool even if I say so myself.

We are also playing a show supporting Dylan Carlson this Sunday, so we are all pretty excited by that.

Fingers crossed we will have finished our album by the end of the year too.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by orourke

View Post

Sounds more like to a nod to Eno and Fripp, good stuff though, I enjoyed it.

Thanks, really appreciate the Eno reference.

We played the only independant record shop in Aberdeen (our home town) the other week for a music day that being held all over the city. We were the first band to play, and we opened with this:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Members

Here is a video of a new song (quite Sonic Youth influenced), with myself playing my trusty parts Jazzmaster.

This one in fact.

IMG_3099_zps5e9ffe3f.jpg

My partner and member Claire has just acquired one of these.

Revelation%20guitar_zpsfgbs887y.jpg

Let us know what you think of the new song! :)

• 1 year later...
  • Members

We have a new "pay what you like" EP available for streaming and download. A small blurb about the recordings -

A small collection of home recordings. Toft Sands was originally recorded for a compilation in 2015 and was inspired by the landscape of Toft, Shetland, near to where Jan grew up. Toft is a wild coastal region with a small ferry port overlooking Yell Sound; a body of water between the Northern Shetland mainland and the island of Yell.

The other three compositions were recorded more recently and in a similar style to Toft Sands, inspired heavily by a Steve Reich listening binge.

The follow up to Tyto Alba will be recorded in July 2016, but since these more ambient tracks don't fit with the direction of that material, we decided to release them as a standalone EP.

https://seasstarry.bandcamp.com/album/yell-soundz

Check it out and let me know what you think!

Archived