Echolution....

companyman

• Members

Its a digital delay pure and simple. So is the skreddy echo.

The hybrid part (i think) is just the preamp and the tremolo. The skreddy is pt2399 which has a lot of limtations. Not that that is some kind of knock on the skreddy. the filtering on the delays and getting a pt2399 to sound that good is a feat. Subdecay's delay is the same, beautiful work with that chip. While the deluxe pitch pirate is pretty close to the pt2399 data sheet. Noisey as hell on longer repeats. The echolution is a big old processor. The delays are nice and clean, the drive is wonderful. The tremolo and chorus are a nice add on. The reverse on that echolution, the looping, the multi tap. Oh man.

I dunno. **** is great. And you can find them on ebay under 200 if you wait. Be patient. You can get it under the price of a skreddy.

• Members

for sure briother, just sayin' i've been pure analouge, w/signal for a few years and can tell the differ some say your fukkt' which may be so echolution gives me the willies' with all that control which is a great thing, i mentioned the skreddy cause, well have you plugged one in  i have and was more than impressed havce no the echolution, but will undoubtly try to own both asap...

• Members

9520575 wrote:

Its a digital delay pure and simple. So is the skreddy echo.

The hybrid part (i think) is just the preamp and the tremolo. The skreddy is pt2399 which has a lot of limtations. Not that that is some kind of knock on the skreddy. the filtering on the delays and getting a pt2399 to sound that good is a feat. Subdecay's delay is the same, beautiful work with that chip. While the deluxe pitch pirate is pretty close to the pt2399 data sheet. Noisey as hell on longer repeats. The echolution is a big old processor. The delays are nice and clean, the drive is wonderful. The tremolo and chorus are a nice add on. The reverse on that echolution, the looping, the multi tap. Oh man.

I dunno. **** is great. And you can find them on ebay under 200 if you wait. Be patient. You can get it under the price of a skreddy.

yeah there is some voodoo/magic/hoodoo under the hood of the skrecho because it sounds better than any other PT2399 delay I've heard.  I love mine.  

I've never gotten to play an Echolution yet.  there is the new one too. The DPP just does all kinds of weird stuff.  Everything is great in some way or another.

• Members

companyman wrote:

Echorec was great but i have always wanted to try an Echolution and one popped up on craigslist. I have a strict one in one out policy on pedals, the Echorec sold in an hour so boom HNPD! I have no regrets, except maybe the size difference, no biggie.

why you fickle little girl... 

I sold my echorec too.  I've always wondered about the echorec to.  I know Chuck and Maca love them but hate the size.  The newer versions look extremely interesting too.  

Be sure to post a review when you get to spend some more time with it... although I'm not sure what you really need that kind of delay for playing Godsmack and Hoobastank... but I digress.

Archived