anyone here own a memory foam mattress like a tempur pedic?opinions wanted?

bmf5150

• Members

me and my wife are thinking about getting a serta version of the tempur pedic memory foam mattress.are they good if you have back problems?she evry warm when she sleep,does it hold your heat and make you warmer?thanks for any advice you can give..

stan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh come on man.....

This is an AMP FORUM

What will we be talkin about next....

what kind of pads to buy for our ol ladies when we go to the store ??????

Just kiddin':D

I just had to raz someone cause of the stuf about my Kirby vacuum thread.

I don't own one so I can't comment and will shut up from here on out.

• Members
Originally posted by GITTarzann

Oh come on man.....

This is an AMP FORUM

What will we be talkin about next....

what kind of pads to buy for our ol ladies when we go to the store ??????

LOL!!!i trust your guys opinions!

Just kiddin':D

I just had to raz someone cause of the stuf about my Kirby vacuum thread.

I don't own one so I can't comment and will shut up from here on out.

• Members

I slept on one when I was playing up in Boston and I remember that I got a really great night's sleep. I was so impressed that I might purchase one for my home. Go to the store and lay on one and let your body decide. I was lucky enough to sleep on one.

Ralphie

• Members

I tried a ton out here is my list

3# Sealy

2# Lebada

1# Tempur

The Sealy felt too much like an oridinary matress

the Tempur Was hardcore foam heaven

and the Lebada (sp?) Was in between

I went with niether cause the Woman did not like the feel. She is more Traditional with her choice of matteress

• Members

aren't the tempurpedic mattresses really hot? i like how they feel, but they also feel like they'd make me sweat buckets all night because the foam doesn't breathe like a regular mattress, and it conforms so snugly there's no airspace left between me and it.

• Members

Try one of those Select Comfort ones too...the adjustable air ones....man, I slept on one for a couple nights. I slept like the dead, and I usually sleep for {censored}, tossing and turning all night, etc.

• Members

Originally posted by 88mm

I tried a ton out here is my list

3# Sealy

2# Lebada

1# Tempur

The Sealy felt too much like an oridinary matress

the Tempur Was hardcore foam heaven

and the Lebada (sp?) Was in between

I went with niether cause the Woman did not like the feel. She is more Traditional with her choice of matteress

how about serta?

stan

• Members

I need a new mattress. Mine is like a rock. You can throw a heavy object on top of it and it will just stop right where it lands, almost as if you dropped it on the floor.

I got this really soft cushion thing that goes on top of it, and that helps a lot, but I still get really uncomfortable specifically because of my bed.

I've always wondered if those "memory foam" type mattresses work. That'd surely be my thing, if it does.

A good night's sleep makes life so much better. Some simple things go a long, long way.

• Members

simmons with a memory foam pillow top here. like it allright, but the stuff people are saying about conforming to your body is for real. keeps you warm in the winter, but in the summer you dang well better have the ac set low. i keep the ac on 69, don't think i could sleep on the foam above 71 or 72.

• Members

Me and the Mrs. purchased the high end Nautilas sleep system.

It is Un-Friggin' believable. Absolutely top notch comfort, and FOR ONCE, it is everything the stupid hyped up marketing commercials make it out to be.

It also uses the vico-elastic (memory foam) as just one of the multiple layers, with the primary cushioning being, of course, the adjustable air mattresses. The memory foam is on the top, just under the wonderful silk matress pad/covering...which itself has a ton of cushioning.

Go for the Nautilas...it is way more user-adjustable, and you can fine tune the "firmness" or "softness" to your individual preference at the touch of a button.

Hell...I think it even improved my guitar playing...by giving me a better, more restful sleep :D

• Members

Ask Tempurpedic direct...They will tell you that they run on the warm side.

I was shopping for a Tempurpedic and the salesperson at Mancini Sleepworld sold me the right mattress for me. I sleep warm and he sold me a Serta Perfect Sleeper for a lot less money than if he had let me buy the Tempurpedic. Don't yak about markup...The price diff was more than the markup...The salesperson is a personal friend of the family.

I sleep through the night now!

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Originally posted by bmf5150

me and my wife are thinking about getting a serta version of the tempur pedic memory foam mattress.are they good if you have back problems?she evry warm when she sleep,does it hold your heat and make you warmer?thanks for any advice you can give..

stan

No, but I just purchased a Comfortaire Air Mattress.

I've heard memory foam does retain a lot of heat, but never had a MF bed, so I don't know.

The air mattresses are nice because you can adjust both sides of the bed seperately to whatever firmness you like. Find a Select Comfort store around you, try them out, and then buy Comfortaire. :D If you go that way, let me know, I found a good place to buy.

Archived