SCSI for Samplers

• Members

I wanted to mess around with Aeon's string samples and thought I'd break out the ol' S-760. Alas, my SCSI ZIP drive has been toast for some time now (a big reason why I don't user the sampler anymore), so I remembered that there was this guy selling SCSI-based card readers and what-not. I didn't want to invest a lot of time messing with samples if I couldn't save them, so I went to go look over the offerings.

But it appears he's quit. No more SCSI for samplers.

http://www.scsiforsamplers.com/

Dammit. :mad: Am I finally going to have to abandon my S-760 for lack of storage? (I'd prefer a swappable media, not just an old used Mac drive.)

• Members

No, it's definitely the drive. Click click click click click... Sampler's working fine with a SCSI CD-ROM drive I have for it.

Even with a bad power supply, the Zip will still come on and clik,clik,clik

I have 3 of them that all did the same thing every time I tried putting in a disk cartridge, I replaced the power supplies and now they all work fine.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

...I remembered that there was this guy selling SCSI-based card readers and what-not. I didn't want to invest a lot of time messing with samples if I couldn't save them, so I went to go look over the offerings.

But it appears he's quit. No more SCSI for samplers.

Yes more SCSI For Samplers... I emailed them after seeing this thread and they are still in business.

• Members

Hello all, this is JD from SCSIforSamplers.com and we are still open for business! I had decided to close up at the beginning of 2009 and even took the website offline for a week or so. But the overwhelming support in emails and posts on forums convinced me that our services are still needed, so we are back and carrying more stuff than ever. We have some new products that are selling very well, such as the CF-CARD drive mentioned here and the NDISK is also very popular. Both of these drives are completely silent, run cool and only need 5 volts, so they can easily be mounted inside most samplers.

Please have a look at the new, improved SCSIforSamplers.com and let me know if I can ever help anyone with any SCSI needs.

BTW, there is a guy on fleaBay who sells using the ID scsi4samplers. That is not us and he has nothing to do with our company. He is just a guy trying to confuse people by using a similar name. Sadly, eBay doesn't care about this kind of cyber-squatting and there is not much we can do. We do not sell on eBay, so please come to our website for the best in SCSI gear.

• Members

Very good news.

With solid drive prices going down, I want to remove all moving disks from my samplers and replace then with SSD dives. I need to order some suitable SSD drives from SCSI for Samplers soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived