My Daughter Just Left Home

Paul J. Edwards

• Members
Originally posted by Paul J. Edwards

My Wife and I just moved her into her dorm at NYU this past weekend and it's hard to deal with.

My beautiful baby has just left home and I miss her.

I am so proud of her going to her dream school but it hurts not having her here.

Being a parent is the hardest thing I have ever done.

Two more to go and I don't think it will be any easier.

Love your kids as much as you can and let them know how you feel.

Frat boys are lining up!!
:cool:

• Members

They grow up too fast!

Enjoy it every day. They will be gone before you know it.

Two Arab men were chatting. One pulled his wallet out and started flipping through pictures. He said, "This is my oldest son. He's a martyr." "Here's my second son. He's a martyr too." After a pause and a deep sigh, the second Arab wistfully said, "They blow up so fast, don't they?"

• Members

My Wife and I just moved her into her dorm at NYU this past weekend and it's hard to deal with.

I am so proud of her going to her dream school but it hurts not having her here.

You just stay away

• Members
Originally posted by STEEL KAGE

I live right around the Corner from the NYU dorms, Its too bad that we didnt get to meet

I guess Yale fell through huh?, you said that was her dream school

Actually NYU was her dream school! Yale was my dream since I live about 15 minutes from New Haven.

Her dorm is at 10th and 5th.. There is a townhouse for sale on 11th street about 50 yards from 5th ave. If I had the $$$ I'd buy it!!! ;)

Super neighborhood. I am jealous of you!

• Members
Originally posted by Knut E Evenmo

Bro, I delivered my first and only in kindergarten (he`s only been there for a week) this morning, and I thought THAT hurt
:)
By%20mommys%20knees1.JPG

I used to drop my youngest off at a day care place and as I drove away he would stand by the window looking for me in the parking lot as I drove away. Talk about ripping your heart out.

You have a fine looking boy there! You want to protect them from all of life's hard knocks but they need to grow and learn through experience. The fact that you come to pick him up every day shows him that he can depend on you.

This stuff happens so fast!!!

• Members
Originally posted by Kevman

You let her go to NYU?! They churn liberals out of that place by the hundreds. Should be illegal the brainwashing that goes on int there.
:D

She'll be fine.

She already is a liberal free thinker. Did I mention how proud of her I am?
:)

I know that she will be fine it's me and her mother that I am worried about!!!

• Members
Originally posted by Digital Jams

We have had our issues Paul but as a parent I wish your daughter the best of luck at NYU and that you can go on and support her growth.

Thanks Scott. Regardless of our political differences I do not use that as a barometer of friendship. Some of my best friends are Republicans. ;)

Do you have any kids in college or soon to be moving out?

• Members

I know what you're going through. Believe me, it will fly by.
Congrats on doing what appears to be a fine job of raising her.

My daughter just started her last semester at St. John's University. She'll be graduating a semester early & then starting
her graduate classes towards her masters.

I can remember moving her in her freshman year, it was tough.

Fortunately, she was able to come home on weekends so it
wasn't so bad. (just married the son off too so the wife & I had
the house to ourselves again) (if you know what I mean) ;)

• Members

I just sent my son to college also. Two down one left to go.

Momma is crying all the time, it hasn't hit me yet but the expense has, OUCH!

I'm getting old....my babies are leaving the nest. May God protect and care for them.

• Members

Thanks Scott. Regardless of our political differences I do not use that as a barometer of friendship. Some of my best friends are Republicans.
;)

Do you have any kids in college or soon to be moving out?

Not even close, one is 10 and the other 2 :eek: My neighbors just sent their daughter to college, the old man has no clue what to do. With the running around I do right now if you asked me I will say I can't wait for them to go but I am sure I will change my tune.

• Members
Originally posted by Digital Jams

Not even close, one is 10 and the other 2
:eek:
My neighbors just sent their daughter to college, the old man has no clue what to do. With the running around I do right now if you asked me I will say I can't wait for them to go but I am sure I will change my tune.

I guarantee that if you love your kids you will be sad to see them go and all the noise they create.

It's amazing how my middle daughter has stepped up to the plate to help her mother and is actually getting along with her younger brother.

When he leaves it will be an empty nest. That's just too hard to imagine!!

• Members

Originally posted by gagnon

Two Arab men were chatting. One pulled his wallet out and started flipping through pictures. He said, "This is my oldest son. He's a martyr." "Here's my second son. He's a martyr too." After a pause and a deep sigh, the second Arab wistfully said, "They blow up so fast, don't they?"

Sorry that's not funny.

Archived