DerekB and Unstrung collaboration: HAMMER SMASHED FACE

Unstrung

• Members

Okay guys. Here's a DerekB and his drummer friend covering Cannibal Corpse's "Hammer Smashed Face".

He wanted someone to add vocals in this here thread: http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=12893871#post12893871

...And I took the call.

So here it is Derek and any metal fans. Um, it could have been mixed better, I think the vocals are too loud (headphones decieved me while recording).

http://www.soundclick.com/subterranea

• Members

Originally posted by Unstrung

Okay guys. Here's a DerekB and his drummer friend covering Cannibal Corpse's "Hammer Smashed Face".

He wanted someone to add vocals in this here thread:

...And I took the call.

So here it is Derek and any metal fans. Um, it could have been mixed better, I think the vocals are too loud (headphones decieved me while recording).

Awesome man and thanks alot for going for it. Overall it sound's really good but yeah the vocal's are really mixed a bit too high especially in the screaming part's. That was you that sent me the Emial's right? For some reason they would not play on my computer:confused: I meant to email you to tell you about that cause I really wanted to hear this. Good job and again thank's.

BTW if you still have it saved on your recording program you should remix it with the vocal's lower and I think it would be a big improvement.

Derek

• Members

Yeah I really should do that. Mm, I'll see if I can get to it tonight...

When I use the recording computer I have headphones on because the PC speakers broke. They seems to make whatever is panned left and right louder so anything I mix down there has things way too loud in the middle, like vocals or basses and such

• Members

Okay I've updated the version on Soundclick. The vocals should be a bit less overpowering now...

...For the sake of making this thread on topic, the ampage was I believe ENGL POWERBALL, ooooh....

If I could put "Engl Powerball" in the heading maybe this thread would get more attention...

• Members

What a random query.

Right now, I don't. I work at a brewery...

I'll be going to Trebas Institute soon though for recording stuff.

If you listened to the Subterranea stuff... I'm just going to tell you now that Subterranea is a fantasy and really, there is only me, my guitars and a drum sequencer.

Archived