pearl jam tomorrow at the gorge!

potaetoes

• Members

anyone else going to the show at the gorge?

3+ hours of just them, no opening bands, nobody in the place except people there just to see them... should be pretty damn cool!

if you're there, look for me in the campground. i'll be the drunk guy going "wooooo!"

• Members

I won't be there but have a great time man! PJ puts on a better show than they did in the early and mid 90's with all the material they have now. If you don't have the MSG show on the 2 dvd set I suggest you get it because it's very good. They even break down into a couple of jams and most every song has some nice lead work. It is sometimes minimal but Mike is one of the most underrated guitarist in the industry. If people would get past the "grunge" era stuff and just take them for face value they would find a diamond in the rough in today's music industry. They refuse to make videos at all and have totally turned their back on the media and ticketmaster. The show prices are always fair and worth more than what they charge. Great band and a great show. I certainly wish I could be there. Mike plays about 6-7 different guitars during the show now.

• Members
Originally posted by DirtyChains

I won't be there but have a great time man! PJ puts on a better show than they did in the early and mid 90's with all the material they have now. If you don't have the MSG show on the 2 dvd set I suggest you get it because it's very good. They even break down into a couple of jams and most every song has some nice lead work. It is sometimes minimal but Mike is one of the most underrated guitarist in the industry. If people would get past the "grunge" era stuff and just take them for face value they would find a diamond in the rough in today's music industry. They refuse to make videos at all and have totally turned their back on the media and ticketmaster. The show prices are always fair and worth more than what they charge. Great band and a great show. I certainly wish I could be there. Mike plays about 6-7 different guitars during the show now.

um... ticketmaster sold the tickets to this show :D

but yeah, it'll be killer! last time i saw them was the free show they put on at magnuson park, which was just about the coolest show i've ever seen.

• Members
Originally posted by potaetoes

um... ticketmaster sold the tickets to this show
:D

but yeah, it'll be killer! last time i saw them was the free show they put on at magnuson park, which was just about the coolest show i've ever seen.

They must have ended their boycott then or made some type of arrangement.

LOL...I am glad you told me!

• Members

i think they just gave up the fight... the ticket says $49 on it but it cost about $75

Ahh, that explains a lot. They are in with Clear Channel on most of the more popular venues so they probably had no choice if they wanted to reach their fans. That is suppose to be what they are all about.

• Members
Originally posted by Ke^in

I'd rather not pay money to hear Eddie pretentiously ramble on about politics all evening.

Too bad out of the numerous times that I've seen Pearl Jam, I've never heard Eddie talk politics.:rolleyes:

Pearl Jam is playing two shows in Atlantic City that I wanted to go to but they sold out immediately. They are incredible live.

• Members

anyone else going to the show at the gorge?

3+ hours of just them, no opening bands, nobody in the place except people there just to see them... should be pretty damn cool!

if you're there, look for me in the campground. i'll be the drunk guy going "wooooo!"

The Gorge Amphitheater is an AMAZING place to see a show.

• Members
Originally posted by Def_Pearl_Pilot

Too bad out of the numerous times that I've seen Pearl Jam, I've never heard Eddie talk politics.
:rolleyes:

I've owned numerous bootlegs of their earlier stuff. Maybe Eddie finally learned no one cares what he thinks. To just shut up and Raaaaaawk!

• Members
Originally posted by Rayneman

Be quick with a review of the show!

I'm going to see PJ in Toronto later this month...looking forward to it.

I've heard the new album will be heavier, more in the style of Vs. which was always their heaviest (though not best IMO) album.

the review will take a while... i won't be home until next tuesday. going directly from PJ to a 4-day houseboat party. :D

Archived