OT: Anyone into Battlefield 2?

OverDriven

• Members
Originally posted by iAnders

I've downloaded the demo too, but I haven't played in years, so I suck.

The multiplayer seems pretty complex, but I just walk around shooting guys on the other team. Works for me
;)

Do you have BF 1942, of BF 2? BF2 just came out and it rocks. I haven't played the original yet.

-Joe

• Members

Been playing since June 29th. I know that date.... it because that was the day I went to Nu Egg and begrudgingly bought my NVIDIA 6800 when I discovered my 5900 card would barely support 9 fps at low settings. :mad: That $250 was supposed to go to an XT Live floorboard.

At any rate.... incredible improvements over the original game and the graphics are simply incredible. Definately the Game of the Year in the 1st person shooter category. This and Half-Life2 have made the money I spent on upgrades worth it.

• Members
Originally posted by wheresgrant3

Been playing since June 29th. I know that date.... it because that was the day I went to Nu Egg and begrudgingly bought my NVIDIA 6800 when I discovered my 5900 card would barely support 9 fps at low settings.
:mad:
That $250 was supposed to go to an XT Live floorboard.

At any rate.... incredible improvements over the original game and the graphics are simply incredible. Definately the Game of the Year in the 1st person shooter category. This and Half-Life2 have made the money I spent on upgrades worth it.

Damn...I have an FX5500, and its smooth as silk. It does have 256 mb of ram onboard the vid card though...maybe that helps?

-Joe

• Members

Originally posted by OverDriven

Do you have BF 1942, of BF 2? BF2 just came out and it rocks. I haven't played the original yet.

-Joe

BF 2. I haven't BF1942 either. Haven't played anything the last 4 years or so.

I'm on a laptop with an ATI x700 card btw. Works ok on medium settings but gets a bit laggy when lots of things happen at once. But that might be other things like the internet connection and only 512mb system ram(upgrading to 1.2gig soon).

Is it me, or is it impossible to fly those damn planes properly? It's much easier to use the arrow keys instead of the mouse, but still...

• Members
Originally posted by Rockys Mob

lol yeah...i usually pick one guy...and just find him and kill him over and over. they get pissed:D

YOUUUUUUU!! :mad: nah i start to do it aswell if someone pisses me off

i bought the legal version of it last week and i've been such a geek playing it too much...lucky my comp is setup to handle it ok 2gigs ram, geforce 6800, 2 pieces of grass, and the new hamster in a wheel CPU from intel..does need a good spec anyway

• Members

Originally posted by BLSmaggot13

im still playing battle field vietnam...i love this game

Hell yeah! Me and the guys at work still play this EVERYDAY!

Flying a Huey nailing dudes with the rockets, Ride of the valkryies blaring..

driving through Hue in a tank, nowhere to run to playing!

The 4 of us at work play Co-op, 4 against 60 computer controlled dudes.. Being pinned down in the last base on a level in a bunker, M60 mowing down wave after wave of VC coming through the razor wire... damn thats creepy fun!

Bugger BF2.. it hasn't got music!!

• Members

Originally posted by OverDriven

Damn...I have an FX5500, and its smooth as silk. It does have 256 mb of ram onboard the vid card though...maybe that helps?

-Joe

My 5900 card performed fine... until there was lots of action... then the framerate was just suckage. My 3D Mark tests with the 5900 card was about 3800 (w/ a 2,4 Ghz, 1GB PC 3200 RAM). With the 6800 card my 3D Mark settings jumped to 9200 and it runs like butter at high settings throughout. It was worth the $200 investment, however, this will be the last time I spend $$$ to upgrade a PC to play a game. XBox360 comes out in November and I think I'm throwing in the towel. Significant adavantages over the new console systems.... HD graphics, One platform... and enormus amount of games avail, it doesn't crash, no drivers, you can buy games used... and you can sell games much easier... and no upgrades needed.

There have been only two games worth their salt in the last 12 months BF2 and HL2.... so saying goodbye to PC gaming won't hurt too much.

Archived