Roland D-20

augerinn

• Members

IIRC, Don Solaris made one of the Roland D series synths sound absolutely amazing. I know about the D-50/D-550 and it wasn't that one. It was one of the cheaper ones that you wouldn't think would sound that cool.

The reason I asl, is cuz there's one in my town for $70.00. It's pretty much a no brainer.

The search function here SUX. I remember someone had a web page that showcased this thing ?

• Members

Be aware that the D10, D20, and D110 all have an inherent chip defect, they will not respond to midi volume change until new notes are triggered. I found this out when I bought a new D10 when they came out and had it midied in my rig, I'd sustain a note, lower the volume pedal on my master keyboard, and every synth in my rig/rack would lower it's volume except the D10, it would only lower when I triggered a new note. I went to my dealer and since the D10, D20, and D110 all use the same chip we tried all of them he had in stock, the same was true for all. When I contacted Roland they felt it was "not an issue" and had no plans to update the chip, so as far as I know all of them ever made are like this. My dealer was kind enough to give me a full refund.

Clyde

P.S. My D550 did not do this and I'm pretty sure the D50 does not either, I know my MKS50 also did not.

Archived