So I just picked up a minty fresh 4x12 JCM 800 how do I wire it stereo???

Hi-Ho Tubular

• Members

It is mono @ 16 ohms with the Celestion 75 speakers. I picked it up for $175 and it even has the plastic dust cover!! The guy was a drummer who had bought it for his basement jam room and his band broke up like 10 years ago and it has sat there after being used like 3 times.

What I'd like to do is put in a pair of Beyma Libertys http://www.usspeaker.com/beyma%20liberty-1.htm

Or a pair of Eminence DELTA PRO-12A

http://www.usspeaker.com/DELTAPRO12-1.htm

In a 'X' pattern as seeing all the Ubercabs etc that seems to be the rage. The stereo jacks that I've seen on the newer Marshall cabs have a switch for going mono if needed. Is there an easy way to do this? What parts would I need?

As well If I was going to rewire the cab would it be prudent to do it with some better wire like Monster cable or the like? Is that stuff worth it?

Thanks in advance! :)

• Members

Originally posted by tlbonehead

Is there a reason for putting PA speakers in it? Anyway,just wire a pair of speakers to each jack.

Don't want speaker distortion that's why. I'd rather get it from the tubes. I have some Altecs and JBL e-120s in my other cabs and they are not PA speakers. The Beyma Liberty and Eminence DELTA PRO last time I looked were guitar speakers no?

So any place where I can get a stereo plate with 2 jacks?

• Members
Originally posted by Hi-Ho Tubular

Don't want speaker distortion that's why. I'd rather get it from the tubes. I have some Altecs and JBL e-120s in my other cabs and they are not PA speakers. The Beyma Liberty and Eminence DELTA PRO last time I looked were guitar speakers no?

So any place where I can get a stereo plate with 2 jacks?

You get jack plates undrilled or drilled for two jacks many places. Just wire one jack to each pair of drivers.

Archived