WOT: your workbench pics

tweed

• Members

I am currently putting together a new 8x12 workspace and am looking for ideas of how to arrange my bench. Post ideas and pics of things that have worked well for you and things that haven't like, height of bench, placement of tools and electrical outlets , shelving , etc.

• Members

This is the best pic I have of my bench. I've been somewhat in transition (remodeling), so it's currently not laid out very well.

I prefer to work standing up. My bench is about 10' long and stands about waist height. I raised it to be so. I like to use non-skid pads on the bench top. They're cheap and are easy to roll up if not needed. Also, don't forget about your feet. If you're standing a lot, like me, give yourself some cushion.

I like to have my tools at arms reach and in cases. I also like to keep my components in clear plastic containers (like a tackle box). I know where everything is and it's easy to find. I can grab my cases and be off in a moments notice.

It took me quite awhile to seperate and put everything together this way, but it was well worth it. It's funny 'cause I'm generally a messy person, but my amp making stuff is as neat as can be.

g1.jpg

• Members
Originally posted by SymenTimmermans

I thought two Doctors could afford a HUGE house!

Maybe, but since both studied chemistry and have a good toxicological background: Soldering inside isn`t recommended with a newborn - or I`d had to buy filters or something. I prefer to get another Diezel instead ;)

• Members

Originally posted by tweed

Hey Bob, you have their number? I need to hire those guys to fabricate my bench. Think they would do it for a 2 liter pepsi or should I get them a 12 pack instead?

Those guys don't have time to drink Pepsi or beer. I doubt they would do it, although, perhaps they wouldn't mind cutting into their 3 hours of sleep for a side job. Give them a call: 888-SWEAT-SHOP

• Members
Originally posted by Bob Savage

Those guys don't have time to drink Pepsi or beer. I doubt they would do it, although, perhaps they wouldn't mind cutting into their 3 hours of sleep for a side job. Give them a call: 888-SWEAT-SHOP

:D

Archived