Indespise or ne one with a Fireball

colejustesen

• Members

I played a 6505+ today and I thought that the distortion this amp had is pretty awesome. How does the Fireball and the 6505 compare to each other? I have heard that the Fireball actually has really great cleans. If anyone could give me a comparison I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Cole

• Members

I love mine, and I've not had a single day in which I regret buying mine. The tone is very thick, full, and defined, and there's an insane amount of gain on tap. I have to problems saying it's the best high gain amp I've played in my 7 years of guitar playing. It suits my stlye perfectly.
As for the cleans, they're really good, but since you're dealing with a shared eq and gain, you may find it a bit lacking in the versatility department (nothing you couldn't remedy with an EQ in the loop, personally I'm satisfied without one), but I have no use for anything more than a high gain tone and a good clean tone.
I haven't played a 5150 in a long time, so I'm probably not the best person to ask how the two compare, but from what In recall, the FB sounds thicker and less buzzy, IMO.
I have a clip online, but it was VERY poorly recorded, it was done right after I bought the amp (my current settings sound MUCH better) and I was using a friend's cheap 4x12, so it's not gonna be the best representation of the FB. That said, I think it still sounds good all things considered.
http://www.streamload.com/begin_etienne/Clips/indespise/My_Fireball.mp3

Onehourburn recently posted a couple of FB clips that sound much better (and more true to the amp) than this one (especially the first one, a BDM clip), I'd reccomend finding those.

• Members

Originally posted by colejustesen

Indespise, thanks for giving me that info. That clip sounded great to me. I long to get a Fireball. I appreciate the input that all have given. Thanks so much.

Cole

No problem. At $1200 new, I am baffled by the fact that more people haven't bought them.

Archived