What's the deal with Ed Romans Quicksilver guitars?

ncook

• Members

Originally posted by Electric Glide

I did, and for some odd reason the deal went very smooth. He gets pissed off at people because he literally gets hundreds of phone calls a day from people asking questions and wasting his time.

I'm not saying I condone or excuse his behavior, but it's pretty obvious why he's such a wing nut.

I bought 2 McNaught guitars from him. Both of them are perfect. I think that if you want to buy a handmade guitar from a small luthier he represents, i.e. Jaros, Brian Moore, JET, etc., you could use him. Otherwise, go to a retail store. Caveat Emptor.

• Members

When I first went to his site I was blown away. Soon I was thinking of buying one of those JET guitars until I started reading about people who actually sued him and went to court and all these other bad posts. It just left a bad taste in my mouth. If I want a Mcnaught singlecut Ill go to the source. Screw that guy!

• Members

I didn't even know who the guy was and had never heard the name until I saw one of his custom built PRS-style guitars once that a guy had paid thousands for. The 'flame' top was a photo flame Korean body ... I kid you not, and no, we weren't mistaken and neither were the local builders who looked at it and said the same thing. Even better ... the neck was twisted and the guitar would not intonate. The hardware was the only thing that wasn't Asian junk. Poor bastard. :(

I'd have flown to Las Vegas and shoved it up Ed's ass.

Minh

Archived