What's the deal with Ed Romans Quicksilver guitars?

ncook

• Members
Originally posted by danbronson

that depends. is ed roman here?

I searched his name, looks like he's been banned. Wonder what he did? At any rate, I'd never swap out a stock neck on a good guitar, unless maybe it was a bolt on and could be out back with no problems. Thats just me though, maybe I'm weird that way.

• Members

Ed simply makes up bull{censored} about companies to sell his own products.

Like the whole extended heel thing on the PRS.

I believe that started when he was getting advice from McCarty.

There is a reason why the Gibson Les Paul still has a large heel after all these years.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Originally posted by cobrahead1030

i hear that from so many people, but never a reason why

i've yet to see a definitive "i bought X guitar from ed roman and..." post from anyone

Seriously? Man there are horror stories all over the place about that guy! I wouldnt go near that {censored}.

:freak:

• Members

Originally posted by telephant

Seriously? Man there are horror stories all over the place about that guy! I wouldnt go near that {censored}.

:freak:

+1

There are personal accounts all over the place ... I've even read them in the guitar forum.

• Members

i've yet to see a definitive "i bought X guitar from ed roman and..." post from anyone

Those type of stories are out there, you just have to look a little more. I wish I could find the site but it had a bunch of specific stories.

• Members

I've heard a {censored}load - hes a good place to start.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1008734&highlight=roman+quicksilver

• Members

Your answer is just a phone call and a few questions away;

702-798-4995, ask for Ed.

• Members

Ed dont make {censored}..its who he hires to make stuff..My friend worked for him for 2 years or so...Evil SOB...this was when he used to run East Coast..

the guy is vile..if you buy something from him..I would only do it face to face..not over the phone..I offered to buy 3-5 LP's every month from him

and he laughted in my face when I told him I wanted a discount..

he's a pos..

• Members

I did, and for some odd reason the deal went very smooth. He gets pissed off at people because he literally gets hundreds of phone calls a day from people asking questions and wasting his time.

I'm not saying I condone or excuse his behavior, but it's pretty obvious why he's such a wing nut.

• Members

A few months ago I decided to buck the trend, overlook all the bad hype and actually give him a call. When I spoke to him on the phone, I hardly got a word in, edge-wise. I mentioned a couple of features I was interested in and once he had the slightest hint of what I wanted, he honed in and began the rapid-speaking, used car salesman technique. :evil: Needless to say, I didn't stay on the phone too long with him. While I'd love to browse his store just to behold the sight, I'd have to be desperate or extremely rich to interact with him again. :rolleyes:

Archived