Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier Series 1 & 2

HurleyGuitarist9

• Members

Series II is supposed to have a revamped clean channel, which will affect the overdrive channel as well.

Also, I don't think the Series I versions could swap to EL34's, but I may be way off there. I remember there being some option that the Series I didn't have that the Series II had.

Maybe someone else can come in and confirm this?

Dale

• Members

Originally posted by Dale B.

Series II is supposed to have a revamped clean channel, which will affect the overdrive channel as well.

Also, I don't think the Series I versions could swap to EL34's, but I may be way off there. I remember there being some option that the Series I didn't have that the Series II had.

Maybe someone else can come in and confirm this?

Dale

I think you're right Dale. the Series I units can't take EL34s unless you have them modded to do so. On the Series II version, all you have to do is flip a switch to get it working with EL34s.

• Members

Originally posted by HurleyGuitarist9

Is that it? What about sound differences? Any at all?

series I also had some kind of funky deal with the channel switching. it would take a split second for the new channel to get to full volume after switched. it's not a big deal. i think this is the main reason for series II having a higher resale, but, like i said, it's not a big deal. i owned one, and it never bothered me.

Archived