Quick Queen Clip (supertrem)

Mr 5150

• Members

Quick attempt at recording lower gain, thiner tones and not have them sound like {censored}....:D

Set up was Brian May Burns guitar > Supertrem > Hotplate direct out to guitar rig for speaker sim.

I used my Vox Brian May amp to boost a little bit fot the lead lines

Still got a little way to go I think but not bad for a first bash...:p

Definately loving this amp though.:D :D :D

Lemme know what ya think :cool:

Queen Clip

• Members
Originally posted by Syrnett

damn... VERY pleasing on the ears... the rhythm is VERY wiiddddeeee sounding.... the lead has a touch to much highend presence to my ears but nothing i wouldnt chalk up to personal preference.

-Erik

Cheers!

I'm still getting to grips with the eq-ing of the speaker sims. Every time I try something I seem to learn a bit more though...:)

• Members
Originally posted by mrelusive

the show must go on!!!!!!!

man, i have every queen album. Even the smile stuff and brian's solo stuff.... and i totally dig the tone you're getting. Different than the man himself, but it works perfectly!

Thanks,

I didn't try too hard to kop Bri's tone (being that I don't have an AC30 and I probably couldn't do it even if I had!!!) but more to keep the vibe of the song as it's one of my favourites...:cool:

• Members
Originally posted by billybogner

I like it! Nice bite on the lead tone.

I loved the reverb trail on the stop. Is that reverb on the mix all the time, or did you pump it up for that section?

Nice job.

Cheers :D

The reverb was on all the time. It's just mixed quite far back to keep the guitars sounding up front. It becomes more apparent in queit passages and stops. I could always shorten the decay but I quite like it this way....:)

• Members
Originally posted by algroves

Mark, you are a {censored}ing monster. The whole thing sounds ace. Wanna give me some guitar lessons?
:)

Al

Cheers dude:D

Believe me the last thing you would want in the world is me as a guitar teacher :eek::eek::eek:

This is from past experience.......

I was bollocks.....:p

• Members
Originally posted by Mr 5150

Cheers dude:D

Believe me the last thing you would want in the world is me as a guitar teacher
:eek::eek::eek:

This is from past experience.......

I was bollocks.....
:p

Haha! I was so impressed when you played that solo for 'Growing on me' at Matamp, and you were doing those micro-bends and whatnot - I'm trying to get my playing that interesting and vocal.

We should definately have another jam sometime - when me and Hairy Mark sort ourselves out you two are coming round to my house with your amps :D

Al

• Members
Originally posted by algroves

Haha! I was so impressed when you played that solo for 'Growing on me' at Matamp, and you were doing those micro-bends and whatnot - I'm trying to get my playing that interesting and vocal.

We should definately have another jam sometime - when me and Hairy Mark sort ourselves out you two are coming round to my house with your amps
:D

Al

Definately mate. Just let me know when and what time. I'll bring some gits and amps and you order some Pizza and beers!!!:cool:

• Members
Originally posted by Big Hair

Al believe me, the last thing you want is Mark as a guitar tutor. You'll just do what I do and spend all evening playing 80s shred and gassing over cool gear.....

actually not too bad after all
:)

:p

Archived