Valve King Questions

The Boogie Man

• Members

1. Are the tubes mounted to the chassis or the PC board?

Yep...

2. Are the pots metal or plastic? Including the shafts?

Yep....

3. What is the cabinet made of? Fiberboard, Plywood, something else?

Yep...

Thanks.

Welcome...

Sorry, I couldn't help myself......:cool:

Hey, it's $350 street....you are expecting what?

• Members

It's not that I don't like Peavey, but it looks like they are cutting corners on parts as well as labor. I was seriously thinking of buying one of these amps for a lite amp to carry to jam sessions and small gigs but seeing the inside makes me re-think my options. :( Sorry to say it but I'll try to find a little bit better built amp, even if it cost more. A Classic 30 is looking better all the time and so is a Traynor.

• Members
Originally posted by The Boogie Man

It's not that I don't like Peavey, but it looks like they are cutting corners on parts as well as labor. I was seriously thinking of buying one of these amps for a lite amp to carry to jam sessions and small gigs but seeing the inside makes me re-think my options.
:(
Sorry to say it but I'll try to find a little bit better built amp, even if it cost more. A Classic 30 is looking better all the time and so is a Traynor.

I own a valve king and a classic 30. Most people will say the classics have no problems at all but I had two c30s within the last 2 years and one was sent back and the other just broke down a few months ago. My best luck has always been with cheaper amps. I have no problem buying a chinese built amp over an american amp anymore.

• Members

traynor has a nice 1x12 combo that's around $450-500 new (can't remember exactly) that i'd highly reccomend if you want something that offers a little more than the VK (it's a more solid amp, and comes loaded with a v30)

we have a local shop that carries them and i've always been impressed with it; it's been the amp i've used to try guitars there, ever since they sold the orange rocker combo they had in stock

Archived