what do you guys think of the Zvex Nano head?

LIAR-502

• Members

I liked it. It was like a reduced in size and volume old fender bassman. Pretty pricey, though. You might want to build one yourself. Tube amps are rather easy to make and the schematics are well published on the net and in the old tube manuals. You might need to read up on all the pertaining info you'll need to know, but it's nowhere near being rocket science.

• Members

Originally posted by Paragraph51

I liked it. It was like a reduced in size and volume old fender bassman. Pretty pricey, though. You might want to build one yourself. Tube amps are rather easy to make and the schematics are well published on the net and in the old tube manuals. You might need to read up on all the pertaining info you'll need to know, but it's nowhere near being rocket science.

but it's got a roll cage!

• Members

Originally posted by wanky

i like it and the idea behind it, its great, but i serously wished it was affordable

well, i can get one second hand, i've got the cash for it and i'm selling a laney combo that will more than cover the cost of it.

anyone own one?

• Members

Originally posted by LIAR-502

well, i can get one second hand, i've got the cash for it and i'm selling a laney combo that will more than cover the cost of it.

anyone own one?

I don't, but I spent a few hours playing through one. Used a 4x12 and some other cabs with it.

• Members

Originally posted by Paragraph51

I don't, but I spent a few hours playing through one. Used a 4x12 and some other cabs with it.

with a sd-1 infront of it could you also get a good hard rock sound? i'm not talking metal, just that big soaring hard rock lead sound/.

• Members

with a sd-1 infront of it could you also get a good hard rock sound? i'm not talking metal, just that big soaring hard rock lead sound/.

An SD-1 would ruin the tone quality, but, yeah, you could do that. The best OD IMO is the Soldano GTO. It's a little too expensive for most people to consider.

• Members

Originally posted by Flanger

I like my Nano, but I like it more when I run it through my Hotplate, with some attenuation going on. It seems less "scratchy" sounding that way.

Throw a Super Hard On in front of it and it does metal, easy!

I'm so outdated with the latest in dist and OD pedals, although Zach once handed me pedal after pedal to try out one day at a local store he sells to, that I couldn't recall which was which except for his proximaty effect wah pedal, which was unique and something I hadn't seen before. His stuff costs too much, IMO, and pedals are not rocket science to make either, so it's cost effective to make them yourself if you are paying more than $50 for them. My friend used to make tube OD pedals,(at a net cost of about $19 including the tube and case, not including his time and labor), and that idea that you need 250 plate volts to drive a tube, well, if you want distortion, you want to use less voltage than the tubes optimum voltage.

But, anayway, I'm just talking crap now.

• Members

i love the sound on that michael thompson video so will i be happy with it

Well the sound on the Michael Thompson video is heavily processed and the sound of the nano depends heavily on which cabinet you run it through.

• Members

Originally posted by jasevenny

Well the sound on the Michael Thompson video is heavily processed and the sound of the nano depends heavily on which cabinet you run it through.

but is sure sounds great..you can tell the it needs a boost infront..

great vid..I like the one with Henderson more..

Archived