homemade cabinet..

volkanstrat

• Members

Cas has something here. It is pretty much a simple box. Not a lot to mess up. Measure twice,cut once.:thu: Just use the dimensions of a similAr cab that you want to create,unless you are going for something unique. Anything in particular that you are concerned with?

• Members
Originally posted by volkanstrat

i'm not asking for myself, a friend of mine wants to make a cab for himself and don't have any cabs to measure around him(he lives in rural area) this is why i'm asking for spesific written dimensions, thanks again.

Pretty much any manufacturers websites or online gear businesses will list a cab's dimensions. Not too hard to find.

• Members
Originally posted by BloodyScalpel

Yeah, that and some care with the construction...if it is a sealed cab, it must be s-e-a-l-e-d. The speakers, even in an open back cab, must be sealed to the front too...that or poor sound and buzzing.

A closed cab doesn't need to be 100% sealed. Everything just needs to be tight,same as an open back cab. And same with the speakers being mounted to the baffle. It doesn't need to be air-tight.

• Members
Originally posted by Dave Owens

I think I would rather find a beat marshall cab on fleabay for $200 then go thru the work to make one..( to much time and effort)..

strip it and finish it...maybe an oil or a dark tint..
:)

But if your main objective is either to build a cab for the enjoyment of it or bacause you want something special that no one makes(the two main reasons for building one yourself,I believe) you aren't really satisfying the need,are you?

• Members
Originally posted by tlbonehead

But if your main objective is either to build a cab for the enjoyment of it or bacause you want something special that no one makes(the two main reasons for building one yourself,I believe) you aren't really satisfying the need,are you?

me an wood working tools dont get along too well...
proably the reason for my smart ass answer..(sorry about that).Im ok with small detail stuff..give me a computer board or a something under a microscope and im better off..:)..

I take that back..im proaby ok..but I have watched some people who are way bette at it then me (woodworking ) and I havent given it a chance..

good luck with it ..and id love to see some pics.:)

Archived