ADA MP-1 any owners?

ncook

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One other thing to note: The MP-1 has a reputation for being noisy and it's well deserved. By modern standards, it's very noisy.

As usual, the user community at ADA Depot has cooked up some nice noise fixes that can either be incorporated into the stock unit with no tone change or via the mod boards and kits that Hairston and his crew support.

Otherwise, I'd count on needing a noise gate. My needs are pretty modest, so I serve my post-eq, noise gate, and FX needs all through one unit after the MP1 in the chain and then straight into the amplifier rig. So, I have a two unit rack and combo amp. Nice and compact!

• Members

Originally posted by PWNAGE

I have the MP1 that CC Deville used in the studio. I'm also thinking of doing the Mod 4 Mk II to it.

That's pretty cool. I didn't even realize he used one. Which album (I'm guessing Flesh & Blood)?

• Members

Originally posted by saxamafone

which one out of the jmp-1 and triaxis is more aggressive u reckon?

to me.. the ADA MP-1 with the 3TM mod is much more aggressive then both of the JMP-1 and Triaxis. The JMP-1 was muddy and cold sounding and the Triaxis wasnt as hyped up as people say it is.

I ran it along a Mesa 2:90 and it just didnt cut it gain and tone wise.

But I guess its all for personal tone prefrence.

• Members

Originally posted by Duke of Metal

to me.. the ADA MP-1 with the 3TM mod is much more aggressive then both of the JMP-1 and Triaxis.

Does it still have that annoying delay between clean and distortion?

I've heard the 3TM clips and it's tons better but still not as organic as the other 2. That's judging by clips though. The JMP-1 takes a long time to tweak or it does sound cold/lifeless. Took me 6 months to a year to perfect it.

• Members

Originally posted by BillyCorgan

Does it still have that annoying delay between clean and distortion?

I've heard the 3TM clips and it's tons better but still not as organic as the other 2. That's judging by clips though. The JMP-1 takes a long time to tweak or it does sound cold/lifeless. Took me 6 months to a year to perfect it.

You know.. my unit doesnt have a delay between the clean and distortion. I am using the Solidstate clean and the Tube distortion.

i dont go by clips at all my self.. you could get the crappiest amp out there and do a recording of it to make it sound alot better then it is.. or you can get a really good amp and make it sound worse then a digital distortion pedal.

Archived