Andy Laroque

doomsdaymachine

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He's my fave too !! I friggin' love his vibrato... Unmistakable. It's also one of the guys who are really really tight and precise when playing live, almost like a classical violin player... Total control of the instrument and very relaxed playing. He never overplays and is staying in his own comfort zone way within his technical abilities so it always sounds awesome.

• Members

Hes bad ass for sure. KD came around twice on the Puppetmaster(great album........BUY IT) tour in tampa, about a year and a half apart, squeezed myself right up front for both shows, got Pete Blakks pick. Met MF at a record signing back in the day, what a bunch of cool talented musicians. Im glad they have all stuck to their guns and the fans love it. There still is hope. Abigail is imprinted in my brain, some of those solos are so freakin cool, i love the ying yang of dissonance and melody!!!
Scott

• Members

Originally posted by dragonattack

Hes bad ass for sure. KD came around twice on the Puppetmaster(great album........BUY IT) tour in tampa, about a year and a half apart, squeezed myself right up front for both shows, got Pete Blakks pick.

Pete's been gone since The Eye, (his last w/KD). That would have been Mike Wead on the Puppet Master tour. He's been with the since Abigail II. Here's their line-ups, in order of release.

Fatal Portrait - Laroque/Denner

Abigail - Laroque/Denner

Them - Laroque/Blakk

Conspiracy - Laroque/Blakk

The Eye - Laroque/Blakk

The Spider's Lullaby - Laroque/Herb Simonson

The Graveyard - Laroque/Herb Simonson

Voodoo - Laroque/Simonson

House Of God - Laroque/Glenn Drover

Abigail II - Laroque/Mike Wead

The Puppet Master - Laroque/Wead

I'm a KD guru - you can't pull one over on me.

• Members
Originally posted by ConfessorT

I'm listening to Abigail 2 atm, still wondering which combo is better LaRocque/Blakk or LaRocque/Wead. Loved Mike Wead in Memento Mori and Hexenhaus.

Laroque/Blakk for me.

I do like Shermann/Wead in MF, however. Denner is a great guitarist as well, but Wead is SMOKIN' on Dead Again, and "9". He fits in well with Shermann, as he's more "Denner" style. Michael actually hooked them up with him.:thu:

• Members

OK guys. This is gonna be completely weird but I need a favor. Ive always liked King Diamonds music but was never a huge fan. There is this one song that I used to have on a mix tape by him and its the best friggin King Diamond song I have ever heard. It was fast non stop double bass with the catchiest melodic verse ever. I dont know the name and Icant seem to find it anywhere. Ive tried downloading every King Diamond song but this one cant be found. Ive hummed the melody to all my friends that are into him with no luck.
The only line that I clearly remember is from the chorus breakdown, he goes "...they seemed to be alive" and it has an awesome harmonized lead after that. I wish I could post a clip of the vocal melody but Im at work. Please people, I need this song.

• Members

Originally posted by Extasyguy

OK guys. This is gonna be completely weird but I need a favor. Ive always liked King Diamonds music but was never a huge fan. There is this one song that I used to have on a mix tape by him and its the best friggin King Diamond song I have ever heard. It was fast non stop double bass with the catchiest melodic verse ever. I dont know the name and Icant seem to find it anywhere. Ive tried downloading every King Diamond song but this one cant be found. Ive hummed the melody to all my friends that are into him with no luck.

The only line that I clearly remember is from the chorus breakdown, he goes "...they seemed to be alive" and it has an awesome harmonized lead after that. I wish I could post a clip of the vocal melody but Im at work. Please people, I need this song.

The song is "A Mansion In Darkness" on Abigail.

• Members
Originally posted by Extasyguy

Mansion In Darkness
2nd song off of Abigail, (technically 3rd, since song 1 is an intro).

You're welcome.:thu:

EDIT: Someone beat me too it...:p

• Members

Its hard to listen to just one song off of abigail, i would eagerly await the following song, but mansion in the darkness is kick ass. I have the new live double cd, also kick booty, i wish some of it were taped in tampa, that would be cool to brag to my limited king diamond friends.

Im an idiot, Mike Wead, i think it was the catchy name they both have, that made me not think twice about pete blakk. Plus im getting older!!!
Scott

• Members

Its hard to listen to just one song off of abigail, i would eagerly await the following song, but mansion in the darkness is kick ass. I have the new live double cd, also kick booty, i wish some of it were taped in tampa, that would be cool to brag to my limited king diamond friends.

Im an idiot, Mike Wead, i think it was the catchy name they both have, that made me not think twice about pete blakk. Plus im getting older!!!

Scott

Where in Tampa - Masquerade?

I lived in Brandon for 12 years, and still have family there. I'm heading back in January.

I remember when it was the Ritz - KICK ASS shows back in the 90's. I've seen Obituary, Machine Head, Napalm Death, Iced Earth, Death, Monstrosity, Overkill, King Diamond, Mercyful Fate, Sepultura, Deicide.....On, and on, and on!!!

• Members

yup the masquerade, i too saw mercyful fate at the ritz, the same day i got my albums signed by them at aces records. The first show of the puppet master tour was at a club in ybor called twilite but its no longer, much smaller than the masquerade so it was that much easier to be up front!!! Im up in zephyrhills, bout a half hour north of brandon.

• Members

yup the masquerade, i too saw mercyful fate at the ritz, the same day i got my albums signed by them at aces records. The first show of the puppet master tour was at a club in ybor called twilite but its no longer, much smaller than the masquerade so it was that much easier to be up front!!! Im up in zephyrhills, bout a half hour north of brandon.

Ace's...What a place!! Too bad they closed...

I remember back when James Murphy worked there!

• Members

Originally posted by ttir

someone a couple weeks ago said he used a marshall valvestate head. anyone have any pic's of andy's bcrich guitars?

He's endorsed by Caparison now.

I believe he uses Valvestates, and JCM800's. He also uses Kranks at his studio for recording other bands as well. Not sure if he's using them though...

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Any idea of how to get some righteous Andy'esque tones from a Mark 4?

I've actually been trying that out lately. A chorus pedal comes in handy. There's lots of mids in the tone, some mid frequencies peaked (high Q), some with a more wider bandwidth/lower Q. Lots of trebles too, and just enough bass to give it a, base.

Archived