Barbetta Sona 34 on CL $180..worth it?

• Members

Hello fellow formites...I'm an acoustical guitar player and usually hang out over there...

My son has an electronic drum set and my daughter has a nice Yamaha keyboard. I want an amp for both to use. Found a Barbetta Sona 34 on craigslist for $195...will sell for $180

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/msg/1167776797.html

Is this a good deal? If I go buy it what should I look for other than turn it on and play it?

Thanks!

• Members

I purchased a Barbetta Sona 32 way back when they first came out. I really liked the full sound. I play keyboards but have also had my freinds clasisical guitar plugged in and it sounds great. I have used keyboard drums and that sounded good to. The amp projects sound real well. Used all 4 inputs to.

One thing to note, and I talked with the owner about this, is the input preamp chip blows easily if you plug in while the amp is on. Thats on my model. Not sure if thats true of the 34. As long as you dont do that its ok. Repair was easy removed the Amp portion with a few screw and cable and sent it in. Hes in LA and turned it around fast. In any case Ive gigged and practiced with this amp for over 10yrs now no problems.

I paid $450 for mine and have been happy. At $180 even now thats a great deal.

Archived