Stupid and WOT: Which car to visit family?

jasps

• Members

I'll be cruisin' with either a classic 1987 Buick LeSabre limited or a '99 Plymouth Breeze on an 8 hr. excursion for a Thanksgiving visit to see my parents.

The Buick has all electric amenities a big v6 and a seat right next to me for my baby to sit by me but is a little old, big, and no A/C--just heat and vent(shouldn't matter in Nov).

The Breeze has a little better gas mileage but nowhere near the power, bucket seats, and AC.

I'm thinking that I should take the advice in Cake's "Stickshifts and Safety belts." Thanks for any advice.

• Members
Originally posted by Captain_howdy

Baby riding shotgun???

Baby as in an infant or my wife? We don't have kids, yet... I'm originally from ND and when I went to school down in Arkansas I started dating this girl and when we went out in my Buick, she'd always slide over right next to me. At first I didn't like it because I thought it was a bit "redneck," but after a while, I really started liking it. So you see my problem...:)

• Members

there are many, many advantages to having the following:

- open road
- a bench seat
-a woman

but then you're in an old (not classic, old) gas guzzler with no ac. take the little car and the cash, man. if you want to pipe down, just stick half of her in the trunk and handle it like that. or take your savings to a motel or something.

love,
eor

Archived