Line 6/Guitar Center story.....

TU BE

• Members

when you say that bass is not all that important in metal, you show that you have never:

1. played in a band
2. tried recording a metal song

which makes me conclude that:

you just sit at home and play guitar.

which makes me conclude that:

you are not qualified to respond in such a manner. thank you.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

whatever man you basically went up to him and told him that his tone sucked.....you'd be pissed off too if i came up to you in a store when you were playing through the amp you own and i told you that you should play through something better he didnt ask for advice

• Members

what a moron, he must not spend time on many forums, because if he did, he'd know you can't play line 6 stuff....:D :D :D

j/k

seriously though, a few weeks ago we played with this band from north western indiana called iscariot...both of their guitar players use line 6 flextone heads---and they sounded amazing. i was really surprised because i am, of course, a mesa snob :D oh yeah, no bass player either. and they were super heavy and thick. my band doesn't have a bass player either.

and to put an end to the whole bass player argument, i have two words:

pig destroyer

:evil:

• Members

Originally posted by J Bone

whatever man you basically went up to him and told him that his tone sucked.....you'd be pissed off too if i came up to you in a store when you were playing through the amp you own and i told you that you should play through something better he didnt ask for advice

I already told you guys.....

I'M A TONE WARRIOR!!!

AMEN AND HALLELUYAH!!! PRAISE MESA AND BE FOREVER SAVED FROM THE FIRES OF ETERNAL DAMNATION!!!!

• Members

Well...

the "I don't need a bass player"-thing is kinda low...

I don't get the big deal.

So he's tickled pink with the Line 6. Great!

You should compliment on his tone and playing and taste!

He could have been young-ish. If so...he's learning. Look at some of the stuff we played starting out.

We would have flipped our lid at the thought of a Pod...practicing, recording, or playing live.

And we thought the Rockman was so cool.

I'm just saying...some of you guys are all smug and laughing and making fun. that's fine.

Meanwhile forgetting your own journey through life.

Maybe you were blessed and had a twin brother...a Mesa Mark III was born right beside you. Maybe you tripped over an AC 30 on your way ot the 4th grade buss. Maybe your friend showed you a Music Man tube stack...I don't know.

You don't always have to show everyone the light. you don't always have to pull them from the darkside. They are on their own journey through life. Enjoy their pain, but don't qloat.

(This has been an editorial and in no way reflects the views, political or otherwise, of this publication.)

• Members
Originally posted by somata

and to put an end to the whole bass player argument, i have two words:

pig destroyer

:evil:

ha, not sure of your seriousness level on this one, but i don't think pig destroyer's intent has ever been to sound "good" in any way, shape, or form. :freak:

• Members

Originally posted by TU BE

I was at GC just killing some time and trying out a few amps. Amongst the kids trying to play Slipknot songs on the Crate practice amps I hear some playing that sounds really good. Nice metal rythm chops. So I go investigate. It's this guy playing through a Line 6 Spyder II amp.

His playing sounds great but his tone sounds like a friggin' chainsaw. So I tell him, "you play well, you should be over there on one of the Mesas or Marshalls, not on a Line 6 practice amp."

Apparently I offended him because he immediately stated how he uses a Line 6 PODXT Live with his band and that it was better than any of the other amps there. He said that him and his other guitarist both use them and that they sounded so good that they did not even need a bass player and nobody even noticed that they did not have one when they gig.

Now, I know that some of the Line 6 stuff can sound good and to each his own, but thinking you don't need a bass player because your rig sounds so good???

He then asks me what I play and when I told him I had a Mesa Mark III he made a face like "How could you???"

U shoulda Cranked up ona those marshalls or mesas all the way and completley out shredded him and intimidated him,

Archived